Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   plea for help (l/c...lock this) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395819)

PokerBob 12-10-2005 10:58 PM

plea for help (l/c...lock this)

i have forgotten (or maybe i never knew) how to play poker. i have moved down to 3/6 6 max and have lost 500BB in my last 18K hands. I have had a few people (tolbiny for one) sweat me, and so far no one sees any major errors, but i want to be sure. i am going to attempt to make a video of my play and post it (i am a dumdum with computers.) if you would watch it and tell me where i am f%&*ing up i would apprecaite it. i hope to have it up in a day.

thanks,
bob

POKhER 12-10-2005 11:06 PM

Re: plea for help (l/c...lock this)

Good luck mate,
POKhER.
p.s. i want to sweat you one day, i think i'll learn more than you... But if i question you're play maybe you'll learn to [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]?

Spicymoose 12-10-2005 11:08 PM

From the quality of your posts, I would find it hard to imagine you are really a loser at 3/6. It is really hard to just write off your results when you have had such serious losses, but I think you just need to keep grinding. Posting this video will be good, and continue to post strategy. I know it must be extremely frustrating, and you probably feel worse than the guy in your avatar, but I think you should just have a "clean" start. Start a new database, and track your results from now.

scotty34 12-10-2005 11:12 PM

I'm pretty surprised to hear about your continued losing streaks. Back when I was at 1/2 and you were at 5/10 thinking of going up to 10/20, I used to lurk HUSH quite a bit. I always found your advice to be spot on, and figured you to be a very good player. I'm sure part of it has to be tilt and suboptimal play due to stress, but I'm sure you already know that. I can't imagine that you are not a winner at 3/6 when playing your best. If it's any reassurance, go stare at NLSoldier's 800BB downswing graph for a while. It could be possible that you actually are DERG, and on the ass end of the variance lottery. Keep at it, and I'm sure it will turn around.

jba 12-10-2005 11:22 PM

i am up $17 over my last 100k hands.

pokergrader 12-10-2005 11:38 PM

I am up $17 over my last 1 hand.

POKhER 12-10-2005 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious? Can you post a PT stats post. I think this would be comforting to everyone on swings and i'm very curious to see it!

What stakes mate?

stillbr 12-10-2005 11:42 PM

Why dont you move back to full ring? Dont you feel more confident there anyways? I suck at 6max and everytime I try to switch to it as my main game I get frustrated and go back to full ring.

LoaferGee12 12-10-2005 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious? Can you post a PT stats post. I think this would be comforting to everyone on swings and i'm very curious to see it!

What stakes mate?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerBob 12-10-2005 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why dont you move back to full ring?

[/ QUOTE ]

i played a little 3/6 full about a month ago....lost 100BB in 1200 hands. i suck at all forms of poker.