Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
I dont really want to give results yet, as I think there's more to say about CO and BB taken together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I'm wrong about that.

Anyways I called. Two folds, CO shows QQ and AK is no good.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:21 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: AK on button capped 4 ways preflop Microlimits post

true, that is weird. it looks very contrived, the whole line. but the one thing we know is he has 2 cards, and while none of them make too much sense, QQ does stand out as a hand he might decide to play like that
Old 05-11-2005, 02:36 PM

It depends on your read on CO, but you need to strongly consider three-betting the turn to protect your hand. With something better than TPTK, he would be unlikely to go for the deep check-raise on the turn, so his check followed by raising once he sees that everyone is in there looks to me like some sort of big draw. Maybe something like T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? Obviously, he could also have you beat, especially if you believe that he believes that you will always bet the turn if checked to (which is why it's hard to analyze without knowing your past history), but if you just call here even a gutshot is getting the right place to peel, so you need to be pretty sure to justify flat calling this turn raise with all those people still to act against just a suspicious raise.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:44 PM

I love to bet me some turns, but I'm going to need a real hand to bet it against a pf capper and a field this big. Of course CO may or may not have any idea that is true.