Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: QQ from SB

I just cant see the button limping with AA or KK...If he did, hes getting extremely lucky that the sb is raising. Looks more like 88 - JJ to me.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think if UTG wanted to push he'd have made a reraise/push after hero raises? I think he wants to see a flop with something like a mid pp or AQ.

I say push and isolate the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

isolate...no one is seeing the flop other than hero and villain, this is 20X bb limp reraise, no sane player is seeing a flop there. scratch that, no insane player is seeing a flop....
Old 11-29-2005, 04:04 PM

uhhhhh....49/12.....why on earth would anyone limp KK AA on the button??? i dont like pushing pf. assuming u are rolled and dont mine being wrong i would call and checkraise all in on any non ace flop. 49vpip is just dumb enough to limp AA KK on the buttn, but he is also dumb enough to do this with AJ 1010 etc. flip a coin or something and checkraise all in on a non ace flop. or u could fold. on second thought i might just fold here. yea, without a read on villain i would fold take notes on this play and keep going. if he is making some wacky play where we are ahead here we will get him eventually. against an unknown i think we muck here. i think it is close enough to where it could go either way i would fold u only have 5.5 BB invested variance can be a mother.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:12 PM

Interesting, for some reason, i put button on JJ or TT.

He calls and then reraises to $40 hopefully trying to get you to fold AK preflop.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:33 PM

the old limp behind on the button with AA/KK is pretty damn rare

it's definitely possible.. i don't see why you would want to re-raise here though

just call and take a flop
Old 11-29-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the old limp behind on the button with AA/KK is pretty damn rare

it's definitely possible.. i don't see why you would want to re-raise here though

just call and take a flop

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i think that villain would have to be pretty bad to get all-in here with a hand like TT. i'd call and get a-i on a non-A flop and make a decision if it does come with an A.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:08 PM

I play the party 6-max 100nl, and whenever I see weird weird [censored] like this it is rarely aces or kings, I always end up seeing like AQo or 1010 or 99. It is only four handed though so [censored] like this is certainly possible. I think I play it like my queens are good and either push or call and get it in on a non ace board.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:20 PM

In the actual hand I chose to push all in, thinking at least that i am taking away his advantage of being in position on me this way...he ended up having KK. After the hand I felt like I should have taken the call and get all in on any non A flop line. Seems like to get any useful notes it usually ends up costing my stack, oh well.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:28 PM

Ive run into the button limp rr once at 50nl and once at 100nl. Both times it was KK. I will continue to give it NO respect.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive run into the button limp rr once at 50nl and once at 100nl. Both times it was KK. I will continue to give it NO respect.

[/ QUOTE ]
um - based on your experience - shouldn't you GIVE it respect? that limp rr is rare - seems to me that that type of play means a powerhouse hand