Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Quads

When you're in the BB and 6 limpers have come in front of you, what range are you pushing here? How often did one of the initial limpers do so in order to reraise a later position raiser or slowplay? It is common to push into limpers and steal, but 6 limpers? If you play this weak-tight that your folding 100 into a 1300 pot because you "know" the BB will push, I want to be at your table. Worst case scenario he does push and you lose an extra 100 chips from a 3K+ stack. Best case scenario you hit quads on the turn.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:32 AM

I don't understand why you were banned.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:38 AM

maybe they saw the advice he posted and were just looking for a good excuse like him using obscenity. folding here, brilliant...
Old 10-10-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did you get banned for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving chitty advice [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 10:15 PM

If you check/call the flop, I think you should lead the turn. I definitely wouldn't wait for the river to check/raise, just in case it gets checked around.

I would probably lead the flop in this spot. With all these limpers (especially a UTG limper) you may be able to win a nice pot from an overpair. In fact, if he did have a big pocket pair, if you lead flop and turn, he may raise on the turn, thinking his overpair has to be good.

Plus, if you bet out here, when you do this in a 3 handed pot with a draw or air, you have a little more credibility.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you check/call the flop, I think you should lead the turn. I definitely wouldn't wait for the river to check/raise, just in case it gets checked around.

I would probably lead the flop in this spot. With all these limpers (especially a UTG limper) you may be able to win a nice pot from an overpair. In fact, if he did have a big pocket pair, if you lead flop and turn, he may raise on the turn, thinking his overpair has to be good.

Plus, if you bet out here, when you do this in a 3 handed pot with a draw or air, you have a little more credibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a 288 board in a limped pot, it is not clear anyone has anything. It is wishful thinking that UTG has a big pair and a big pair should make a significant bet on this flop. I could put pressure on a possible flush draw.

With the board 2888, I didn't think anyone had anything. If someone had an overpair, there would be more action. I was following Super System's advice to slow play a boat or quads to the river.

I probably should have checkraised the turn. Being in the blinds, it would be hard to put me on an overpair. I doubt they would think a small checkraise from the blinds was obviously quads and fold.

The guy in the hijack seat who called me down had 77 for 8s full on a 2888J board. I am pretty sure UTG had overcards.

I don't think this is a hand you want to play fast, although I could have played it faster than I did.