Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Super System 2

[ QUOTE ]
the whole book was rewritten...

[/ QUOTE ]
...except for Doyle's no-limit section, which is almost identical. Unfortunately, it's also the section I really hoped would be something new and good. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2004, 12:00 PM

This surprises me. I thought there would be revisions and updates to the NL strategies offered.

Regardless, I am very excited for this book to hit the stores.

To the person who asked how different it was....many of the writers are different (Jennifer Harmon, Daniel Negreneau, others) covering different aspects of different games.

I think that referring to it as a 'sequel' with mostly different material would be accurate...but, of course, I don't have it yet.

My biggest issue with the book is that they appear to be purposefully keeping it OFF the shelves for as long as possible to provide incentive for people to sign-up at his online poker-room.
I find this to be pretty annoying and bad marketing.

People want to read this book....and his poker-room should either thrive or fail on it's own merits without having to blackmail people into playing there (because it's the only way they can get the book).
Old 12-18-2004, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the whole book was rewritten...

[/ QUOTE ]
...except for Doyle's no-limit section, which is almost identical. Unfortunately, it's also the section I really hoped would be something new and good. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that makes sense. The NL section was 10x better than any other part of the book, so it stands to reason that it would need the least revising. That being said, I now see no reason to buy the book [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2004, 11:36 PM

I just sold my free copy of SS2 for 135 dollars on ebay. It was purchased the very next day after I put it up. Suckers.
Jon
Old 12-19-2004, 08:59 AM

Incredible. How could someone pay 135 dollars for a book that will cost less than 30 bucks in a few months. It takes a few hours to earn the points and get the book for free.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:18 AM

Well, to be fair, the edition coming out in a few months will be the paperback, not the hardcover first edition. So there may be some collectible value, I read somewhere on RGP that only 2000 hardbacks were produced.