Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Super System 2 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=162725)

Mason Malmuth 12-16-2004 02:56 AM

Super System 2

Hi Everyone:

Doyle was nice enough to give me a copy of Super System 2. I've only read a few pages of it so I won't make any specific comments about it here except to say that it looks like it is very nicely put together and I'm sure I'll find it to be a very good book.

I also want to state that we at Two Plus Two Publishing LLC welcome this book and look forward to it eventually making the book stores. We believe that it will be a boost to poker in general and encourage new players to approach poker in the proper manner. That's not only good for poker but also good for our own publishing company.

So Doyle, thanks again for the book and we hope its success exceeds expectations.

Best wishes,
Mason

Re: Super System 2

Thanks Mason,

I certainly look forward to your review of this book - especially the sections by Jennifer Harman and Bobby Baldwin.
I don't play on Doyle's room so I hope I can purchase it sometime soon in the bookstores.

MarkL444 12-16-2004 03:09 AM

I wish that I had a publishing company so that I could get free books. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Michael Davis 12-16-2004 03:34 AM

If you find the right bookstores or the right bookstore employees, stealing is easy, if getting them free is the only concern.

-Michael

PE101 12-16-2004 04:18 PM

The free book is probably more due to Mason being on the "Friends of the Author" list than being in the publishing business.

Make friends with some successful people, maybe they'll give you a copy of their book... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

berya 12-16-2004 04:32 PM

How different is this book from the 1st version?

Is this a reprint + a few new pages?

GrunchCan 12-16-2004 04:38 PM

Will it be available for purchase at 2+2.com?

We believe that it will be a boost to poker in general and encourage new players to approach poker in the proper manner.

Is this meant to imply that SS2 is a beginner's poker book?

Thanks.

OrianasDaad 12-16-2004 05:24 PM

I'd say that if it includes rules on how to play each game, then at least some of the target market for the book is aimed at new players... or old players learning new games.

byronkincaid 12-16-2004 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So Doyle, thanks again for the book and we hope its success exceeds expectations

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

F*ck Me Doyle's posting on 2+2

Oh...no he's not

Freakin 12-16-2004 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How different is this book from the 1st version?

Is this a reprint + a few new pages?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a new edition. This is a new book. Some of the concepts are surely familiar, but the whole book was rewritten. If you have read Super/System, you will find plenty of new material in this book. There's been many reprinted editions, but this is actually a 'sequel' so to speak.

Freakin