Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2005, 12:07 AM

Default First post, getting started w/ an 88 hand

After having been lurking in the background for quite a while now, I figured I'd come out of the shadows and do what everyone does - post a hand in which there's a good chance I screwed up. First off, though, I'd just like to thank all the posters in this forum. While my first foray into the world of online poker was met with a sudden and immediate downswing due in part to a some play errors, but mostly just variance, I've managed to claw my way back into the black, due mostly to the input of the posters here and a couple more readings of SSHE.

Anyway, onto the hand. For reads, for what about 20 hands of data are worth, UTG+1 was LP-P with 71%/0%/0.8, CO was also LP-P with 58%/0%/1.25, Button was 84%/0%/0.44, and the BB was a little more aggressive at 36%/5%/1.6.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

At this loose and rather passive table, I went ahead and limped UTG w/ 88.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds.

I'm not sure about this bet here, but I did have second pair, and didn't have to give someone credit for a Q right away. Given the loose limpers, I figured there was a decent chance I had the best hand, and I wouldn't have minded any overcards folding. I would have folded to a raise.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Well, I'm not sure if I'm a lucksack, or not. I spiked my set, but Passive McWon'tBet wakes up and raises me. I 3-bet him, since he might have merely made two pair, but once he capped me, I had a bad feeling I was up against 97o garbage. At least I still had outs to the house.

River: (16.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB

Well, no house for me. This still seems like one I just gotta call on, though, since I couldn't put 2 pair, or a slowplayed 55 or 66 past this guy.

So, how'd I do? I'm mostly curious about the flop bet and the turn 3-bet, but comments on all streets is welcome. No need to be nice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]