Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: NBA MVP

[ QUOTE ]
LBJ, you absolutely have those odds wrong. There is absolutely no chance in hell that Pinnacle would ever offer a bet like this. Betting on both Nash and O'Neal means that they lose money 99% of the time, because they're going to get very little longshot action on the rest of the field...certainly not enough to offset all the action they will get on the two favorites.

I just checked, and at this moment, O'Neal is MINUS-218...meaning you have to pay 218 to win 100 bucks...and Nash is only +146...put up 100, get back 146 if he wins. Seeing those lines, there is simply no chance that they opened the way you posted they did. I suspect Shaq has been odds-on (a minus number) since the open.

If it were this easy, we'd all be making fortunes on sports betting. If those odds were being offered, I would mortgage my house to put as much money as humanly possible on both of them...one of them will win. Pinnacle Sports is smart enough to stay in business, and if they ever offered those odds, they would be out of business. People like me would find ways to dump fortunes on odds like the ones you posted. Sorry, not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.. file this one under too good to be true [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

gl tonight