Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: ethical river question

[ QUOTE ]
this same thing happened to me, only my opponent had the lead in the betting -- I have flush draw OOP, I check/call turn, river completes my flush and villain bets out of turn.

In my case I thought for a second, saw the angle villain could possible be running, and just decided to throw two bets out there without saying anything. He gets all douchey at this point and asked the dealer if I'd checked (??? so clearly he knows the score), dealer says no you bet out of turn and he raised you. I tell douche he can take one back if he wants, he says no I have two pair I'm betting anyways.

In hindsight, the correct play in my case would have been to verbally and deliberately check, and then just sit there until the dealer told me it was my action.

it's complicated a bit here because you have initiative, so a check at this point could definitely result in a check behind from your opponent.

I say let him learn a valuable lesson about betting in turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a different case. It doesn't sound like the OP's villain was in any way trying to shoot an angle. In your case, it's very possible. And in your case, the aggressor is the one acting out of turn, not the passive caller.