Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: KJs UTG flop decision

I'm not 3-betting when I am likely behind and I want as many people in that pot as possible.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:29 PM

You have more than 33% equity, the cap is for value, even 3 ways. Having the fourth guy stay in would of course be better.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:33 PM

having co stay in and call two cold would be significantly better than having co fold and sb and bb call a third bet. Even though the number of bets are the same, this distribution of bets increases your implied odds a lot. Plus sb might still 3 bet. Also there are a decent amount of hands sb calls one more with but not 2.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:20 PM

The problem is that heros position and the nature of the board are not favorable to implied odds at all. I think when we pick up reasonable implied odds on this hand its when we are offered and take a free card on the turn. Popping the turn when the board completes either of our draws gives the thinking SB a chance to get away from an otherwise showdown worthy hand, whereas he is likely to bet many rivers that are scary into two villians. Finally most of the hands in COs range are folding this flop for 2 anyway.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think when we pick up reasonable implied odds on this hand its when we are offered and take a free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

taking a free card on the turn kills our implied odds because it makes our hand transparent.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think basically any hand that SB wouldn't fold for 2 more will 3bet anyway so let him do it for you and give sb( if he has a weaker hand he'd call one with but not 2) or CO a chance to stay in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thought. I'm happily capping for value given the chance. I'm also happy 3-betting if I think CO or SB are likely to call anyway, or that both are likely to fold even when we don't raise.

Given that SB seems solid and CO is far too loose, we seem to get the best parlay by just calling in this situation, no?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:12 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Party 5/10 short

The only good player in this hand is SB, BB and CO are way to loose. BB reasonably aggressive, while CO is on the passive side. I open with KJc UTG, Co calls, button folds, sb raises, bb calls, i call, co calls. Four to a flop of Ac Qh 2c for 6bb. SB leads, bb raises, I raise...

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you trying to chase people out with no chance of winning without hitting your draw?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:13 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

this is an automatic 3 bet for obvious equity reasons.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:26 PM

Don't sleep on the gutshot draw, easy value raise.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Party 5/10 short

The only good player in this hand is SB, BB and CO are way to loose. BB reasonably aggressive, while CO is on the passive side. I open with KJc UTG, Co calls, button folds, sb raises, bb calls, i call, co calls. Four to a flop of Ac Qh 2c for 6bb. SB leads, bb raises, I raise...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why are you trying to chase people out with no chance of winning without hitting your draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping to take a free card on the turn should i need it. I dont know if raising is correct as i see reasons for calling as well.

Both called my raise, the turn was a blank and so was the river. Nobody put any more bets in and BB took the pot with A4o.