Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KJs UTG flop decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369264)

cockandbull 10-31-2005 10:05 PM

KJs UTG flop decision

Party 5/10 short

The only good player in this hand is SB, BB and CO are way to loose. BB reasonably aggressive, while CO is on the passive side. I open with KJc UTG, Co calls, button folds, sb raises, bb calls, i call, co calls. Four to a flop of Ac Qh 2c for 6bb. SB leads, bb raises, I raise...

josh1122 10-31-2005 10:53 PM

Re: KJs UTG flop decision

I think I just call to bring the loose CO along and wait to raise a big street when I hit. I think you are going to get capped a lot here if you 3bet.

11-01-2005 01:13 AM

Why is capping bad? 4 way pot with nut flush draw and a gutshot. You want that to get capped.

josh1122 11-01-2005 01:38 AM

The way I'm thinking is that if you 3bet, CO is not likely to stick around making the pot 3 way. Im not sure, but I dont think this hand is strong enough to raise for value 3 way, especially without overs. (Ive always been shady on the math) And you lose the ability to raise a big street.

I can see the value raise if CO were to stick around though.

BottlesOf 11-01-2005 01:40 AM

Yea 3-bet, it's a big pot.

Lmn55d 11-01-2005 01:45 AM

I'd call...I don't really see any particular reason to raise. It won't improve your chances of winning the pot and it might make CO fold a hand he'd call 2 with or sb fold a hand like JJ/KK that he'd call one more with. If CO calls and sb 3bets and BB calls cap it for equity. If CO folds, sb 3bets and bb calls i'd probably cap it for equity/free card. I think basically any hand that SB wouldn't fold for 2 more will 3bet anyway so let him do it for you and give sb( if he has a weaker hand he'd call one with but not 2) or CO a chance to stay in.

11-01-2005 02:46 AM

thinking about the action, why should we asuming that co will stay around?

detruncate 11-01-2005 06:01 AM

I don't hate bets going into the pot HU with 12 outs to the nut flush or straight, but I'm happier if we get more company.

We didn't cap pf, so presumably SB will put us on 1 pair and/or a draw most of the time. We're unlikely to raise 22 and not to cap AA, QQ, and AQ to a slightly lesser degree pf. He has to like his chances with AK, AQ, AA, QQ, and he might find a peel for one more bet with a PP < A or second pair if we just call. He might also get frisky with TP or Aces up, trapping BB in the process.

It's unlikely that even a way too loose CO decides to coldcall 3 without a strong hand, but I'm not sure how much more likely he is to coldcall 2. At least somewhat, probably.

I don't think a raise is a much more than a small mistake if it is one at all, but I'm leaning toward a call. Several good things seem more likely to happen.

Lmn55d 11-01-2005 01:00 PM

All I was saying is that he's more likely to call for 2 than he is for 3, as is SB. I don't think any equity/free card advantage you get by reraising (remember sb will often 3bet anyway with hands he'd call 2 with) offsets this.

danzasmack 11-01-2005 01:22 PM

I 3 bet here every time but will often check behind on a blank turn.