Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: ATo.

I agree with the flop raise cause this was raised preflop. I don't think that the button (with no strong read) would bluff this flop just on position making the river -EV. If UTG is gonna bet and u already called... buttons raise doesnt expect to scare people out and at least means a jack or a stonger draw than you have.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:04 PM

also ur runner runner straight draw is pretty much worthless with a potential flush draw out there. and this takes away from ur ace pairing as well.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:14 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
also ur runner runner straight draw is pretty much worthless with a potential flush draw out there. and this takes away from ur ace pairing as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had raised the flop and got it HU with UTG just calling, there'd be a decent chance I still had the best hand and that an A would be good if it hit.

b
Old 02-17-2005, 08:10 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the flop raise cause this was raised preflop. I don't think that the button (with no strong read) would bluff this flop just on position making the river -EV. If UTG is gonna bet and u already called... buttons raise doesnt expect to scare people out and at least means a jack or a stonger draw than you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your forgetting that many, many players will play 1 main hand like I did. Even though they should also raise that hand on the flop, many won't. This was my thought instantly when the river card hit.

[ QUOTE ]
buttons raise doesnt expect to scare people out and at least means a jack or a stonger draw than you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he bets the turn, it's unlikely the button is drawing. So I put him on a J. Now, what hands is he reasonably putting me on, that most players would play this way, when I call his turn bet?

b