Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Re: how i play it

[ QUOTE ]
Screw all that. I have the best draw and I might well have the best hand. Headsup is just fine, thank you very much. If they want to call two cold, then that's okie dokie too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads up is not fine for me with this hand, since I play to win chips, not pots. There are 5 small bets in that pot, 6 counting the asian lady flop bet. Those terrible players might be willing to put lots more chips into this (currently) small pot if I don't give them a reason to fold by raising with my great multiway hand.

That said, if I truly believed they would call 2 cold with bad cards, I would raise. Most of the terrible players I know, however, will call a flop bet with Ace-high or sometimes less, but show a great willingness to throw away for two bets in a small pot.

Why would you want to play this hand heads-up, Clark? It seems like a waste of the terrible players that made a K6s limp worthwhile in the first place.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:20 PM

Default Re: how i play it

i can't talk to him either mike, i just know i don't want him at my table, heh.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Understanding this hand will make us all better.

I like the raise on the flop only if you really feel that the limpers will call two cold if they are anywhere near this board. I have to agree with Mike that a large majority of the time you are going to be behind here, even though you are likely the favorite to win the hand. But considering your description of the limpers, I like the way you played the flop.

I don't agree with your decision to raise her all in on the flop if she chose to keep firing. After about six or seven bets I would start to think she held 77 and you would be down to nine outs, and would have her redraw to worry about.