Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: KQo OOP with bottom full house

I agree with leader.

-Mike
Old 11-03-2005, 05:28 AM

You do bring up a good point. And yes, he does not always have AJ. I just have a difficulty playing a king high no pair, and being out of position, and KQ too strong a hand to fold for one raise. My call may also bring the BB along. Do you think the CC makes a significant difference over the 3bet? I do have the option of leading a low flop, or check raising a low flop...

My call on the flop was solely to keep the villain in the hand. From as many times as I've played it against descent players I conclude that I disguise my hand more (and extract more value) by calling, and checking the turn where some players are betting their ace once more... because really how much will an ace pay me off? or QQ or JJ TT 99 and so on...
Old 11-03-2005, 05:31 AM

edit: QQ, JJ and TT are very likely to 3bet a flop raise from me, and call down afterwards.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You do bring up a good point. And yes, he does not always have AJ. I just have a difficulty playing a king high no pair, and being out of position,

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing overcards is very easy out of position, but you're never going to learn to deal with it by simply avoiding the situation.

[ QUOTE ]
and KQ too strong a hand to fold for one raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. If the guy is a tight raiser you'd be better off mucking.

[ QUOTE ]
My call may also bring the BB along.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want BB along. KQo isn't a multiway hand. Your job in poker is to put your opponents in positions to make mistakes. By 3-betting you put BB in the position of making an incorrect call with many hands that would be correct to call with hand you CC. You also put MP into the spot of folding a low PP or two live undercards cards on an A-high flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the CC makes a significant difference over the 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
I do have the option of leading a low flop, or check raising a low flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in any normal situation. You should be leading almost always.

[ QUOTE ]
My call on the flop was solely to keep the villain in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should not be your first concern. by C/C the flop and checking the turn you are giving him the chance to check though the turn. This is a disaster for you hand.

[ QUOTE ]
From as many times as I've played it against descent players I conclude that I disguise my hand more (and extract more value) by calling, and checking the turn where some players are betting their ace once more... because really how much will an ace pay me off? or QQ or JJ TT 99 and so on...

[/ QUOTE ]

A slowplay is easier for players to recognize then a fast play. C/C - C/R looks a lot more like a K then 3bet PF - b-3bet - bet.