Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KQo OOP with bottom full house (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370895)

genya 11-03-2005 04:15 AM

KQo OOP with bottom full house

Poker Stars 2/4 6-max
Game is soft and somewhat passive. No read on villain.

Dealt to Hero Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain: raises $2 to $4
Hero: calls $3 from SB
BB folds
(2.5BB)*** FLOP *** 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero: checks
Villain: bets $2
Hero: calls $2
(3.5BB)*** TURN *** 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Hero: checks
Villain: bets $4
Hero: raises $4 to $8
Villain: calls $4
(7.5BB)*** RIVER *** 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero: bets $4
Villain: raises $4 to $8
Hero?

I put the villain on an ace b/c of the pre-flop raise, so I expected him to call the turn c/r. What is my river action? Anyone make a call here?

imported_leader 11-03-2005 04:21 AM

Re: KQo OOP with bottom full house

-3 bet PF
-bet/3bet the flop.
-if villian didn't cap my PF 3-bet or my flop 3-bet (if he raised your lead), then I would bet/3bet the turn.

mperich 11-03-2005 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I put the villain on an ace b/c of the pre-flop raise

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize he is on the button right? His range is much bigger than Ax. I usually checkraise the flop, or lead the flop here, as it looks a lot less like a king than a turn c/r, which is the perfect opportunity for your opponent to release his hand. As for the river, I probably just check/call since all his hands have been counterfeited unless they contain an ace. As it were, I probably call the river cuz the pot is big and like I said all of his hands have been counterfeited so he may possibly be bluffraising something with no showdown value.

Oh yah, 3bet preflop.

-Mike

genya 11-03-2005 04:33 AM

hes not on the button, he was MP. Thats my mistake. Shitty hand translating.

imported_leader 11-03-2005 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hes not on the button, he was MP. Thats my mistake. Shitty hand translating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still you shouldn't put him on just an A. He could have a lot of things.

genya 11-03-2005 04:43 AM

thats true, but my thinking is this:
If i c/r the turn, a QQ, JJ will fold
An ace will call
A king will 3bet (usually anyway)

my reasoning for not raising the flop is this: From my experience a player is more likely to call bets on later streets than without a made hand on the flop. If i raise the flop a hand like AJ or maybe even AQ would usually not continue, but betting or check/raising the turn allows me to gain an extra .5BB in the pot (excluding of course the 1/345 chance of running aces).

imported_leader 11-03-2005 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
An ace will call
A king will 3bet (usually anyway)

my reasoning for not raising the flop is this: From my experience a player is more likely to call bets on later streets than without a made hand on the flop. If i raise the flop a hand like AJ or maybe even AQ would usually not continue, but betting or check/raising the turn allows me to gain an extra .5BB in the pot (excluding of course the 1/345 chance of running aces).

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that you should have 3-bet PF. That changes the hand because then you lead out obviously on the flop. If he raises, you should 3 bet because you want to get maximum value out of a weaker K and don't want to risk a free card on the turn to a flush draw.

scotty34 11-03-2005 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 2/4 - They probably won't.

genya 11-03-2005 05:08 AM

my KQ coldcall out of SB is more of an adjustment to my play (or a leak). It usually puts me out of position with a weaker hand than my opponent.
EX Villain has AJ, I have KQ
Flop comes T43r
bet/call
the turn/river play becomes a chip spew, since im basically hunting for 6 outs without an ace.

KQs i 3bet.

imported_leader 11-03-2005 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my KQ coldcall out of SB is more of an adjustment to my play (or a leak). It usually puts me out of position with a weaker hand than my opponent.
EX Villain has AJ, I have KQ
Flop comes T43r
bet/call
the turn/river play becomes a chip spew, since im basically hunting for 6 outs without an ace.

KQs i 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
He doesn't always have AJ though and you don't always miss the flop. If you 3-bet and the flop comes A-high, you'll get a lot of folds. I don't like a semi-CC here. If you think he's too tight of a raiser, just fold.