Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: KK Looks Good, But Everybody Loves The Flop

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (16.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 6d 6h (three of a kind, sixes). 90.4762 % on the turn.
Hero has Kh Ks (three of a kind, kings). 04.7619 % on the turn.
MP2 has As Ac (one pair, aces). 04.7619 % on the turn
Outcome: Hero wins 22.50 BB.
Percentages do not reflect that UTG+1 was likely on a flush draw (which would reduce Hero's equity to a mere 2.5%).</font>

I did not feel at ease calling on the turn here as it was made quite clear to me that I was far behind. But, sometimes we are rewarded for our "bravery."

Additional hand exercise:
"Money does not appear from nowhere; if someone is making it, someone else must be losing it" SSHE (238).
Who is losing money and where?
Old 10-07-2005, 08:45 PM

Turn: call, raise, fold. TOO MUCH in the pot, I'd be a bit intimidated by the number of callers on the flop, the turn I am sure missed someone, so you can try to get rid of them by raising or play conservative by calling, folding is horrible I think.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:47 PM

on the river, call a bet as well.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It became quite apparent I was way behind after the heavy action on the seemingly ragged flop. With that in mind, what are our reasons for calling down as opposed to folding

[/ QUOTE ]

You call down because many players play and raise with draws and some players even raise and re-raise with nothing. Its worth a call-down. I agree the flop hit someone, most likely a set, but its still okay to call down, this is where reads come into play, with no reads however I don't see folding as an option, did you forget about A10, K10, a lot would call a raise and re-raise with them on the flop. But the turn helped no one. If things get out of hand on the turn,, like if you get re-raised with a blank, its okay to fold then. Calling a re-raise on the turn is about a 50/50 in my opinion, not that easy, but calling here I think is completely standard. Against a mouse I'd fold the re-raise on the turn and call against a shark. Sharks play flush draws agressively. And if he misses on the River as well you can value bet and pick up an even larger pot.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:01 PM

Also, if they have 2 pair on the flop, thy can get counterfeited if the board pairs on the river. Too much money in the pot is the bottom line,. remember you "could" be ahead in this hand even.