Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2004, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Matusow: I dislike him, but...

[ QUOTE ]

Watch it again. Raymer would have flopped a set of 8's, and would have finished with a boat. He was probably kicking himself (a little) at missing that opportunity to knock Bigmouth out himself. I mean, as satisfying as it must have been to see Matusow crash into the mountain like that, it would have been that much sweeter to personally deliver the death blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to add... I think he was also implying that he would have stayed in pre-flop if he could have gotten Matusow heads-up.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:47 PM

anybody else think it looked like he was coked up? He couldnt stop shaking and bouncing the entire time
Old 09-01-2004, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anybody else think it looked like he was coked up? He couldnt stop shaking and bouncing the entire time

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't comment on whether he was coked up or not but he definitely had that Tom Arnold nervous bounce.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was a brutal beat on the river, but I have to admit I was laughing my ass off watching him whimper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, too! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Doc JS
Old 09-01-2004, 04:22 PM

Default Re: How could you possibly feel sorry for him

[ QUOTE ]
You don't see class acts like Lederer and Brunson act that way when they get knocked out...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! Howard took a pretty bad beat when his set of 7's got rivered by Brunson's flush...but Howard looked up and said, "Good hand, Dolly" and left the table like the professional he is...

[ QUOTE ]
It's too bad that it wasn't Greg that knocked him out like that. That would've been sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT would have been, as they say on the MasterCard commercials...Priceless!

Doc JS
Old 09-01-2004, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I thought Greg said was no matter what happened, Mike was going broke in that hand. What I thought Greg meant was that if the AQ player was not in the hand Greg would have called with his pocket 8's and they would have held up with a less brutal beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit - Okay....now i think you are right. Greg was saying that Mike was going on THAT specific hand regardless.

But at first I thought that he was referring to the fact that Mike was tilting and was his own worst enemy and was on his was to bleeding his chips away sooner or later.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:22 PM

I don't feel sorry for him in the least....I think others have used the term 'douche-bag' and I think it applies here.
'Dick-wad' would be my next choice.

In his defense, these guys go some pretty long hours at this with little sleep in-between so I suspect that effects some people differently.

Don't know about the coke-thing or whatever. Some people are just high-strung....and with the long-hours he might just be all caffeine-wired.

Former Chess-Champion Anatoly Karpov was once asked if he ever cried when he wwas a kid after losing a big chess-match. He answered that he still sometimes does as an adult.
So I agree that there is something to be said for the emotions involved with devoting ALL of your energy to something and falling short of your dreams.
But, Karpov is rather dignified and certainly does his emoting in private.

I admit to having come close once at a chess-tournament. Those long weekend things can be VERY tiring and the focus that they require is incredible. He made a play that I didn't see coming, I battled my way out of it and gave myself some chances but then he sprung another nice move on me and I was just stunned.
After 3 days of almost non-stop play (6-hour games) and very little sleep and coming that close...having it all come crashing down so suddenly just got to me.

But again, this only means I can identify with feeling a little tear or two.

Putting on a tantrum to the extent that Matusow did is just inexcuseable imo.

I honestly don't understand what is with people like Mike and Phil.
All these weird delusions and 'I really thought it was going to be my year' and 'Did you see how well I played?? I was great!!' and all that other idiotic stuff.

I find it all to be truly bizarre and sickening behaviour.
I can't understand feeling sorry for them in the least.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:19 PM

The lack of compassion shown here is scary to me. If someone shows emotions he shall be taunted and labeld weak.... scary.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:37 PM

That's it. Your new nickname is Mike the Mouth [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2004, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The lack of compassion shown here is scary to me. If someone shows emotions he shall be taunted and labeld weak.... scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

pansy.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]