Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Matusow: I dislike him, but... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=119008)

Zinzan 08-31-2004 10:30 PM

Matusow: I dislike him, but...

felt sorry for him at the same time.

But he shouldn't get so emotional about a bad beat. Perhaps poker isn't the right profession for him, afterall.

-Z

Mikey 08-31-2004 11:04 PM

Re: Matusow: I dislike him, but...

you know its not nice for anyone to get knocked out.

But..... I must say it was really funny when he was venting to his friend..... and then he popped out and wimpered..... "did you see that call I made earlier?"

I must say that was one of the funniest things I've heard so far.....

ohkanada 08-31-2004 11:15 PM

He may be annoying and full of himself, but he is a very good player. I don't like how he played the big hand against Greg. He risked way to much on so little.

I watched him play for a few hours in the rebuy NL tourney. It was quite amusing. Hellmuth was at the next table and Mike kept on mouthing off to Phil.

Ken

Duke 08-31-2004 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
felt sorry for him at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just proves that you have a heart. I know Mike is pretty annoying on TV, but don't know him personally so I'm not gonna hate the guy.

It seems rather petty to take joy in someone else's suffering. I guess maybe I'm a sucker for emotional devastation, since I know what it feels like when you want something more than anything else in the world, and it's taken from you despite your best efforts.

~D

eMarkM 08-31-2004 11:26 PM

That was a brutal beat on the river, but I have to admit I was laughing my ass off watching him whimper.

brassnuts 08-31-2004 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But..... I must say it was really funny when he was venting to his friend..... and then he popped out and wimpered..... "did you see that call I made earlier?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a hearty laugh at that. I did feel sorry for him too, though.

Mike Gallo 08-31-2004 11:41 PM

Mikey,

Who does Matusow remind you of???

Mikey 09-01-2004 03:39 AM

you........you guys look alike..but I must say you have a much better emotional control than he does....

PITTM 09-01-2004 05:58 AM

im not gonna feel sorry for someone who acts like such a giant dick. we all have our bad beats, but how many of us cry because of them after we taunt people all day? i think he deserved it. he won a few grand in the end. he acts like a total douchebag and expects the luck to go his way, no way im feeling sorry for the guy.

rj

Toro 09-01-2004 06:55 AM

Don't know the guy and don't know what he's like away from the tables but at the tables he is the douche bag of the century.

Then he compounds it by crying like a baby after he takes a bad beat. I have no idea how he could possibly watch the tape of last nights episode. He lost all dignity, but maybe doesn't give a rat's asss and that's why he acts the way he does.

I'm a little embarrassed to say this but it sure was entertaining television.