Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: The TOOL Debate is OVER!!

[ QUOTE ]
"Listening to this CD for the first time in about a year, my jaw literally fell open several times. It is absolutely the definition of rock and roll. "

I simpy disagreed with this quote. What's the problem. I didn't like it. Tough

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the part of my response to your Bryan Adams keg party post where it said "neither is better?"

All I said was that we live on different planets. I went out of my way to let you know that this was not intended as an insult.

You ask me what the problem is. I was unaware that I had intimated that there WAS a problem at all, but, now that you bring it up...

Oh, never mind. Enjoy your Grand Funk Railroad collection and your Bryan Adams tribute band CD's. No problem at all.

"Keggers." Jesus.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:40 PM

wow, I downloaded this and listened to it and it is awsome, I listen to music constantly wile I play and this is a great addition to what I listen too, thanks for making this thread.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Listening to this CD for the first time in about a year, my jaw literally fell open several times. It is absolutely the definition of rock and roll. "

I simpy disagreed with this quote. What's the problem. I didn't like it. Tough

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the part of my response to your Bryan Adams keg party post where it said "neither is better?"

All I said was that we live on different planets. I went out of my way to let you know that this was not intended as an insult.

You ask me what the problem is. I was unaware that I had intimated that there WAS a problem at all, but, now that you bring it up...

Oh, never mind. Enjoy your Grand Funk Railroad collection and your Bryan Adams tribute band CD's. No problem at all.

"Keggers." Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't have any Grand Funk Railroad collection or Bryan Adams collection.

Your commiting blasphemy and the mods should have you excommunicated for this offense. Kid

p.s. What's a "planet"
Old 08-06-2005, 05:11 PM

I am not sure that Aenima or anything by Tool really could be classified as 'rock and roll', but they do have striking similarities and influences drawn from Pink Floyd, which is a band that teeters in the rock and roll genre, but is clearly in its own undefinable category, much like TOOL.

Bottom line, Aenima is clearly one of the best albums ever created. I bought Aenima in 1997 when I was about 14, and appreciate it a lot more now than I did then, even though at the time it was one of my favorites. The sound and technical mastery in that album is something special.

Another great, underappreciated album that came around right around that time is Sevendust's self-titled album. Definitely listen to that sometime if you can pick up a copy.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:20 PM

All Tool's CD's are incredible. Make sure to get Undertow and Opiate too.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:31 PM

"Keggers." Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need for condescension, I didn't think your example of Tool's "Aenima" was the definition of rock&roll. Tool
Old 08-06-2005, 05:34 PM

you just replied twice to the same message...we get it.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aenima is the greatest album ever put out, by anyone. So yeah, I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-06-2005, 06:17 PM

when Tool first came out, I didn't really like it. Not sure why, just didn't. But I have noticed during the past few years I have started to like them more and more. I actually think Maynard(is that his name) has an awesome rock voice, and possibly one of the best ever. SO basically your thread convinced me to get some of their material. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, I downloaded this and listened to it and it is awsome, I listen to music constantly wile I play and this is a great addition to what I listen too, thanks for making this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes my day. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]