Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Most Military Men are Republicans

Funny how now its a big deal, but when the draft dodging perjurer Clinton is involved, its not.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:05 PM

he is a kid. a naieve little kid who is totally indoctrinated by the liberal education system. he simply has yet to recieve a true education, its almost not his fault, almost.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

<Sigh> Why are democrats so angry and aggressive?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they cannot win the people with their stances on issues. They resort to name calling, baseless accusations, and their control (quickly evaporating) of the media and educational systems to scare and fool the public into voting for them.

[ QUOTE ]

Is it possible to have a rational discussion with them with out the ad hominem attacks?.....Nah...Probably Not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

By definition, no.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:01 PM

Bump....\\

On Liberals(I mean self avowed lefties)

Their whole 1990's neo-liberal(social engineering to meet far left wing demands on secularism, homosexuality, political correctness) Clinton led world is imploding and instead of being pragmatic and coming up with new ideas and concepts they are simply climbing back into their left wing cocoons by surrounding themselves with like minded Liberals on college campuses and in the Northeast/California.

Basically it seems like their entire agenda involves sniping at Bush and other Neo-cons(sometimes through the use of contrived evidence or farcical mockumentaries..)obstructing any reform domesticallly (especially when it is aimed at limiting the balooning incomes of trial lawyers or forcing teachers to actually teach properly) and trying to convince old people Bush will take away their SS checks.

At the same time they are pretending like its only bible thumping nimrod nazis who are voting GOP when in fact the GOP has created a strong constituency from a myriad of groups that more closely resembles AMERICA than the increasingly detached DNC has...

When you couple this with a probable Hillary run in 2008, a strong possibilty of 3 Supreme court appointments by Bush, and flagging numbers in the congress, the future for the lefties is very bleak at the national level.

I still think the country is pretty much split evenly...its just that the GOP is a much more dynamic and energized party at the moment and common knowledge used to be that the Democrats were really more like 60% of the country...which after the last election doesnt seem to be the case.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:27 AM

Overall, what a worthless [censored] post--meaning the entire thread. Just reinforces that Dems and Repubs alike would rather stand around and point fingers rather than engage in any rational discourse. I've seen more productive fights among chimps throwing feces at each other...which is actually a step UP from this.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:43 PM

Republicans weren't "gung-ho" over the war. There are many reasons the U.S. is in Iraq, one of which is Saddam disregarding resolutions that ended Desert Storm and the U.N. not doing anything about it. And so, Desert Storm never ended. I remember Kerry not only voting for this, but if you watch the older clips, he was VERY vocal about the threat of Saddam. Er, but that was after he was for the war, but before he was against it, or something. It's not just Republicans who thought the war was a better option than not, and pretending the decision was all-Republican shows the biasness and irrationality of someone who would say such a thing.

Arguments of "where are the WMD's" are old. Even Bill Clinton said he thought they were there until the invasion.

I'm still waiting for QuadsOverQuads to say he's joined the police department. Unless of course he doesn't support police from keeping people from killing others.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:37 PM

Default I hope you realize that

while the American men in uniform are more Republicans than Democrats, more Democrats than Republicans have proudly worn the American uniform.

Any time you wanna debate this in more depth, put up a little post and we'll have fun comparing the record. (And I will not even bring up George W Bush.)

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: I hope you realize that

Double post, but look below.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: I hope you realize that

You can't debate this unless you change your remark from "more Democrats than Republicans" to "more prominent Democrats than prominent Republicans". You'd only be talking about members of Congress and the like probably.

I do agree that the vast majority of our armed forces are Republicans, enlisted and officer alike.

I know you're going to bring up that "who served?" web page which lists excuses from prominent Republicans but the website only lists like 100 people max. Hundreds of millions of Americans have worn the military uniform, so any arguments you make based on this data would be flawed.

Do you see why?

I'll let others elaborate.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:31 PM

Default No \'probably\'about it

[ QUOTE ]
You can't debate this unless you change your remark from "more Democrats than Republicans" to "more prominent Democrats than prominent Republicans". You'd only be talking about members of Congress and the like probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

Them's the phonies alright.