Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 03:35 PM

Default Re: facts

yeah, you made $8000 in bonuses. That's great. If you spent more time studying your game and moving up in limits, you could have easily made several times that on ring game play alone.

Bonus whoring works well as a means of building a newbie bankroll, but I think you're making an expensive mistake by making it the reason you play ring games.

Cup
Old 07-06-2004, 03:41 PM

Default Re: the rake in poker

[ QUOTE ]
since most regular players play at least above average, it follows that the rake is the biggest deternination of why people lose in games. bad players lose to the rake and good players. medium good players tend to go broke after some time as the rake catches up to them and depletes their starting bankroll.
expenses are the main reason more players dont win and the winners dont win alot.
players that put in major hours pay between ten thousand and fifty thousand dollars a year just in rake depending on what and how much they play. you have to win that just to be even. so any cut in the rake adds that amount plus to your bankroll. the plus comes fom additional money that stays on the table instead of dissapearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you are saying is rake costs un money right?
Old 07-06-2004, 03:43 PM

Default Re: the rake in poker

Yes, you are right. The rake costs un money.

Cup
Old 07-06-2004, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have played around 1300 hours of ring games, mostly playing four to six low limit games at once. 1300 hours of rake from 2/4 games is not going to be more than around $6K.

[/ QUOTE ]

So in otherwords what you're saying is you have no idea how much you pay in rake......just as I suspected
Old 07-06-2004, 03:52 PM

I can make a similar amount playing less games around the 20/40 level. I used to do this all the time when I had a separate income stream.

However playing six low limit games at once under a promotions earns about the same as a couple of 15/30 games but with a considerably lower variance. If I play any ring games after finishing any outstanding promotions they are always around the 15/30 to 20/40 level. I much prefer playing higher stake games but do not see the point of increased exposure to risk with no extra gain.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So in otherwords what you're saying is you have no idea how much you pay in rake......just as I suspected

[/ QUOTE ]

Random insults always have a good rhetorical punch, but luck a little in convincing detail.

I am certainly capable of completely messing up a piece of arithmetic, and my recent post might well be an example. However I am as yet uneducated as to what manner if any I have screwed things up.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:08 PM

I don't know all the exact number, but I think people agree that if you play $2/4, then your rake is about $6/hr. Add up the number of hours you played and multiply it by 6. If you've played 1300 as you say to get your $8000 in bonuses then congratulations, you've nuetralized the rake. I suspect you've played somewhat more then 1300 hours, especially if you've been multitabling and not factoring that in.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Random insults always have a good rhetorical punch, but luck a little in convincing detail.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't a radom insult. It wasnt even an insult at all, it was mearly a statement of fact
Old 07-06-2004, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know all the exact number, but I think people agree that if you play $2/4, then your rake is about $6/hr. Add up the number of hours you played and multiply it by 6. If you've played 1300 as you say to get your $8000 in bonuses then congratulations, you've nuetralized the rake. I suspect you've played somewhat more then 1300 hours, especially if you've been multitabling and not factoring that in.

[/ QUOTE ]

No 1300 hours is accurate, it probably amounts to around 300 hours of butt time. Its manly a mixture of 1/2 and 2/4 with a little 15/30 mixed in. The rake could be as high as 8K. Unfortunaly its only possible to accurately calculate it for sites supported by Poker Tracker.

Now back to my original point.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are careful about when and where you play you can get back from the card room in the form of promotions at least as much as you pay in rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-06-2004, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't a radom insult. It wasnt even an insult at all, it was mearly a statement of fact

[/ QUOTE ]