Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: End of Day 4

Keep going, man. You've got the rest of your life to feel proud of yourself if you manage it, which isn't bad at all. It's huge ammunition in your self-respect arsenal to know you're stronger than you thought. It's great to have that behind you, backing you up.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:50 PM

Default End of Day 5

Work was great! Everyone was so proud of me because they know how much I chain smoke! I only took 3 breaks today, instead of 1 at the top of every hour. I work 12 hour shifts. I do have a bad headache today, but I think it is unrelated.

I got this!!!

So whoever bet against me...I made the 4.5 days over/under. Please make deposits to my PS account :WWJBet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] j/k

Steve
Old 06-20-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: End of Day 5

Steve -
Somebody gave me this advice once and it helped when I decided to quit for awhile (I wasn't doing it for the right reasons so it didn't stick).

You are not "quitting." You are a "non-smoker." You don't smoke. You're not trying to quit, you don't smoke. Just keep that mindset any time you're confronted with friends you used to smoke with.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve -
Somebody gave me this advice once and it helped when I decided to quit for awhile (I wasn't doing it for the right reasons so it didn't stick).

You are not "quitting." You are a "non-smoker." You don't smoke. You're not trying to quit, you don't smoke. Just keep that mindset any time you're confronted with friends you used to smoke with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this sentiment, particularly during the early phases. However, I've found over the years that no matter how long I go without a smoke, there are moments of weakness when it just seems like a good idea to have one. During the maintenance phase (which is the rest of our lives) I like to refer to myself as a Non-Smoking Smoker; This reminds me that I am forever bound to this horrible addiction and must always be vigilant and strong.

cbf
Old 06-21-2005, 12:22 AM

Ive tried to quit, but it's extremely hard. I used the patch and did fine with step 1 and 2. Step 3, however, f'd me over. I think it's only 3mg of nicotine in 24 hrs, which is a cigarette and a half of a full flavor.

My mind starts to race when I need nicotine. Everything slows down and speeds up at the same time. I'll get pain between my eyes, almost like a small headache. Maybe some day, but I guess Im not quitting for the right reasons..