Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: The official \"I hate Alex Rodriguez\" thread

"The yanks were a mediocre team all year long."

They were tied with the Angels and Red Sox for the 2nd best record in the league. They scored roughly 100 runs more than they allowed, about the same as the Angels. In a five game series, the Angel simply played a bit better and won three of the five.

"And quit ragging on your best player who is a main reason you even played in October."

Agreed.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ARod rules.

Look for this show on CourtTV: High Stakes with Ben Mezrich · 11:00pm: "Miami Models" - NEW! Ben Mezrich takes
you behind the scenes of Model Season in Miami

I saw this last night. One of the things he goes to is this party at a Miami mansion with like 5 or 6 billionaire guys, ARod, and 25 hot models.

ARod rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys really need to see this show.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:50 PM

andys totally right in this thread. about everything, no point in me posting. see his posts.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
andys totally right in this thread. about everything, no point in me posting. see his posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

andyfox is usually correct and logical, but i can't believe he is saying that arod's bush-league swipe to knock the ball out of arroyo's glove last year was a "good play"
Old 10-11-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

andyfox is usually correct and logical, but i can't believe he is saying that arod's bush-league swipe to knock the ball out of arroyo's glove last year was a "good play"

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think it was a bad play because it was cheap or because it cost the yankees something?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was a completely cheap move and it lowered my opinion of Rodriguez, but it was strategically a good play. Think about it, he's out if he doesn't slap at it. If the umps make the right call he's out but if they mess up he's safe. Pretty much a freeroll. It only had a slim chance of success but that's better than zero.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not cheating you're not trying, and it's not cheating if you don't get caught. A Rod WAS trying, he WAS cheating, and he got caught. Then, he did the `ol "who, me?" shoulder-shrug, which I thought made him look like a total douchebag. "What! ME? Huh?" You got busted, dumbass, now you're making it worse by insulting the intelligence of the millions of people who say it.

I can't believe any of this is still up for discussion, let alone the fact that Rodriguezz is a dbag.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:25 AM

The regular season means nothing in Yankee land...its just a warm up. Its october that counts and that not only makes A-Rod a failure, but also inferior to Jeter
Old 10-12-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The regular season means nothing in Yankee land...its just a warm up. Its october that counts and that not only makes A-Rod a failure, but also inferior to Jeter

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though A-Rod has BETTER postseason numbers than Jeter? A-Rod is better than Jeter. He is better in the regular season, and he is better than the postseason. He is better than Jeter on offense, and he is better than Jeter on defense. It is not close.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

have you been paying attention at all this last season?