Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Republicans who want war, but won\'t enlist.

Notably absent from your list of accomplishments is "saving the United States from the imminent threat of Iraqi 'weapons of mass destruction'".

And your point is........

Whether or not there were WOMD has no bearing on the regional effect the war and subsequent occupation and election has had on the region which is the MORE IMPORTANT EFFECT ANYWAY.

If Iran was stable, free and democratic they probably wouldnt be wasting time developing WOMD the regime would be servicing the populace by raising the living conditions and developing other tech sectors of the economy with the resources it now squandars in a vain attempt to attain nuclear power status.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:18 AM

I knew it.

You crazy bastards plan on attacking Iran next. And then Syria.

God help us.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:08 AM

Very well said
Old 03-10-2005, 11:30 AM

ahh, a shot at me while knowing nothing about me. ok, how to respond.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry.

Jesus loves liberals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus loves everyone.

[ QUOTE ]
He was a liberal himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was at his time, but I am not sure he would be one now.

[ QUOTE ]
All these conservatives are in for a rude awakening in the afterlife.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. God gave us free will. I choose what I want to believe, he wouldn't punish me for using what he gave me I don't think.

[ QUOTE ]

An afterlife conversation might go something like this.

Jesus: How much did you give to charity, jaxmike?
Jaxmike: Uh... none. I also voted Republican because I wanted poor people to understand the concept of "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY".

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave about 5% of my annual income to charity. I gave money to Salvation Army every time I passed their bell ringers. I contributed to the United Way, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, AMERICAN Red Cross, I also gave money to the 9/11 and Tsunami efforts. How much did Dead give???

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus: Why did you vote for a candidate who cut hundreds of thousands of people off the health care rolls, jaxmike?

Jaxmike:Uh... personal responsibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I couldn't, in good concience vote for a liar who shot a man in the back.

[ QUOTE ]

Jesus then presses the Hell button on his chair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt that. You clearly know very little about religion if, nevermind, its not worth discussing with you.

[ QUOTE ]

Feel free to substitute Zaxx's or natedogg's name in for Jaxmike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead, when you get older and a little more education, you will never see how wrong you are. The reason you wont is that you are too entrenched into the liberal mindset, their brainwashing program (public education) has done a fine job on you.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:32 AM

Very well said. See, we conservatives can partake in mindless cheerleading too!
Old 03-10-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like an honest answer from our resident GOP spammers :

Given that you're so gung-ho for the invasion and occupation of Iraq (and Iran, and Syria, and God-knows-how-many beyond that), I seriously want to know why you are spending your time playing poker and posting on this message board, rather than enlisting to serve in your allegedly Great And Moral Cause?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I had no interest in joining the military out of high school. I wanted to go to college and get a job.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you believe that this is TRULY a great and moral cause, or does your rhetoric somehow fall short when it comes to putting your OWN ass on the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it is indeed a good cause. I don't put my ass on the line because I realize that I wouldn't be very good at helping. I would cause more harm then what help I would provide.

[ QUOTE ]
And if you DO believe your own rhetoric, then I seriously want to know why you're here, instead of over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because someone has to do my job. Someone has to do theirs. My job is not to fight a war, but if it comes down to it, I would.

[ QUOTE ]

Why haven't you signed up yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably too old and I have some old injuries that might prevent me from doing so. I also have a job that I am doing. I am not claiming to be Pat Tillman, but I think that I am no hypocrit.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you intend to sign up in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]

If so, when?

[/ QUOTE ]

N/A

[ QUOTE ]

And if not, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I already have a job. I am probably getting too old. I have some old injuries from basketball that would probably not allow me to do the job as I would want to. I don't want to put others in danger because I am no longer physically 100%, don't get me wrong, I am not handicapped or anything, I just have 2 bad ankles (1 REALLY bad) and 2 bad knees.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd honestly like to hear your answers to these questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got them.

[ QUOTE ]

Over 1500 American soldiers have died because of your lust for war.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is dishonest. That's not why they have died, but you hate Bush too much to admit it.

[ QUOTE ]

Over ten thousand have suffered severe injury.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel for them, I really do.

[ QUOTE ]

Many times that number have been put into harm's way, and yet here you sit, spamming the internet from the comfort of your living rooms while someone else does the fighting and bleeding and dying for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I am at work. I have my job.

[ QUOTE ]

I want to know why you aren't willing to stand among them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say I am not willing, but I am questionably able, and again, I chose a different career path, sorry.

[ QUOTE ]
I want to know why you aren't already standing among them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe i have covered this.

[ QUOTE ]
And I suspect many of our soldiers are wondering the same thing, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda doubt that. I bet more are wondering why you hate what they are doing so much. Why the media in this country continually lies about whats going on in war zones. We saw it in Vietnam and we are seeing it now. The media is using a war to launch a public relations war against our troops and leadership.

[ QUOTE ]

I await your explanations.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

You got them. But I have a feeling you wont like them.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:57 AM

Why haven't you signed up yet?

I tried to sign up on 9/12/01. Unfortunately, since I was 50 years at the time, they wouldn't take me.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:57 AM

this is nonsense. dont listen to dead especially this post.

jesus doesnt hate libertarians or republicans any more than he loves democrats.

medicaid is something I want cut, not because i dont like what it does, i dont like how it does it. just about every social program i support. but, i support it on the local and state level, not the national level.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
public relations war against our troops

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a big difference between this war and vietnam, people DO support the troops now.

I am very close to broke at the moment but still donated &gt;30% of my bank account to a support the troops cause this week.

Just because I do not support the war, does not mean that I do not support the troops. Disagreeing with the actions that they have to take in a democratic society is healthy.

And threads about the soldiers is probably the only thing in the forum that I am not able to laugh off. It really bugs me when people criticize them or use them as tools to manipulate an argument (not saying you in specific jax) because we are sitting on our asses doing nothing, while they are risking their lives. That really irks me like none other and I find it difficult to respect someone who would look at their situation so shallowly.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:23 PM

This is stupid, i'm sorry, i had to say it.

Do you support the effort to remove rapists? Do you support the effort to remove murderers?

Why haven't you signed up for the police yet?

Do you intend to sign up in the future?

If so, when?

And if not, why not?

I'd honestly like to hear your answers to these questions.

Thousands of police officers have died because of your lust for stopping crime. Well over ten thousand have suffered severe injury. Many times that number have been put into harm's way, and yet here you sit, spamming the internet from the comfort of your living rooms while someone else does the fighting and bleeding and dying for you. I want to know why you aren't willing to stand among them. I want to know why you aren't already standing among them. And I suspect many of our police are wondering the same thing, too.

I await your explanations! Please answer my questions.