Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *cry*

[ QUOTE ]

You know, I definitely did not post this so that someone could critique me on my play. Not to sound too snotty, but when I want your damn advice, I'll ask for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man. posting a bad beat, and not even disguising it as a request for help. and then getting pissed off at people trying to help you.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *c

what is your party name? you keep saying you would love for some of us to sit at a table with you, but you still havnt given your name yet. please dont ignore this. thanks
Old 11-27-2004, 12:03 AM

hey, i know you read that post, what is your party name? you invited us to play vs you, but we dont know who you are.

kisses
Old 11-27-2004, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He gets CRed once and he's folding or turtling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You checkraised him twice on this hand and he still 3bet you on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Earlier, he had QQ on a J high rainbow board and went into check-call mode after he was raised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet here he's got almost the same situation (KK vs Q high board) and he continues to bet and raise to the tune of 6.5BB?

Your analysis and his actions don't fit together.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was a great point, worth repeating and getting a real response besides "silliness". you bash our "mindless preflop capping with AA" but here's a real argument to your superhuman read on the KK opponent, and you basically ignore it. one measly extra preflop bet will make him go from 3betting a checkraise TWICE, to possibly folding the turn?
Old 11-27-2004, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He gets CRed once and he's folding or turtling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You checkraised him twice on this hand and he still 3bet you on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Earlier, he had QQ on a J high rainbow board and went into check-call mode after he was raised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet here he's got almost the same situation (KK vs Q high board) and he continues to bet and raise to the tune of 6.5BB?

Your analysis and his actions don't fit together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silliness. The point is that had I capped his actions would have been vastly different.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so full of sh[/b]it it's unbelievable.

Nice job avoiding an explanation. I'm also still waiting for any acknowledgement of my post showing the fish will win this hand about 1 in 16 times - hardly even close to the worst beat in the world.

You're trying to tell us that this guy goes into a shell when he's checkraised, but your whole plan is based on checkraising him twice.

You're also planning on UTG capping preflop, so is he going to bet out? And if he does, isn't KK going to just call, since he'll be scared of the preflop cap? And if it does go bet, call, call...then you raise, aren't you making the "fish" only call one bet at a time, contrary to your "plan"? And if KK does raise, and you check-3bet, isn't that going to scare him just as much as a preflop cap? (it should)

You're trying to tell us that he's so weak-tight, he once went into call-down mode with an overpair because he was raised once on the flop; yet in this hand he gets checkraised not once but twice, and yet continues to raise.

After reading this entire thread, along with your threads about should I move down because I can't handle the variance at 5/10 and I want to move up to 15/30 I'm just waiting for the post entitled:

HAHAHA I fooled you all, I'm really a well-known poster who created a new account to troll and have a little fun here.

Where's vehn when you need him...
Old 11-27-2004, 01:32 AM

Default PS

Why didn't you cap the turn and make the fish coldcall 2 more? Then you lead out on the river? Doesn't make sense at all.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First let me say that it's such a pleasure to find this forum. I am an RGP refugee--I could not take the constant stream of insults and negativity on that board, and this place just seems like heaven in comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I can't imagine a forum constantly insulting this guy.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:55 AM

it's a simple logic problem really...

there are a lot of great players who post here. if they all disagree with you, and nobody has agreed so far, what does that say about the probability of you being correct?

again it's a simple logic problem.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:02 AM

I am not a great player, but I can certainly see the merit of the argument for not capping with aces in that particular hand, given what the poster has said about the table dynamic and the UTG player.

*ducks and covers*
Old 11-27-2004, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not a great player, but I can certainly see the merit of the argument for not capping with aces in that particular hand, given what the poster has said about the table dynamic and the UTG player.

*ducks and covers*

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cuz you = Lansing... sneaky.