Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Folded a set on the flop

People here can be kind of snippy and harsh sometimes, but they're giving you good advice and trying to help you improve your game.

If I posted a hand in which I made a clear error, I would want people to point it out rather than blow sunshine up my ass.

Likewise, if I were walking around with my zipper open and my dick flapping in the wind, I would prefer that nobody point and laugh, but if they did at least they would do me the favor of showing me my error.

2+2 = tough love.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, FWIW, my suspicions were correct, as I was up against top pair, a flush draw, and an open ended straight draw. The flush draw filled up by the river.

For the rest of you, I looked at the odds calculator, and yes, my pot equity was higher than I realized at the time. I won't make that fold in the future, but that's why I posted in the first place. For the rest of you assholes, who are saying that it's like folding AA preflop, you can go [censored] yourselves. How long have YOU been stuck at .5/1 or 1/2? I've been playing 1/2 for less than a month with a decent winrate. I'm about ready to move up to 2/4. So many people here complain about how tough 1/2 is but you flame at other people for how they played their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know how your location says, 'tight fish'? It ain't wrong. The fact that you posted this comment above and afterwards posters here STILL took time out to try and help you to become a better player speaks volumes for this forum.

If you're still around here in 6 months time you will hopefuly look back on what you've posted here and shudder with embarresment.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:20 PM

Stop playing poker. Seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
None of the bettors/raisers were overly aggressive...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2005, 04:27 PM

Ohhhh cram it.

You made a bonehead play and you got reamed for it.

Guess what? Now you will (hopefully) never make that mistake again and you have a better understanding of equity. It's a lesson and if you apply it well you'll make a lot more money. Quit being so sensitive.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:31 PM

Just FWIW, I was "stuck" at 1/2 for less than 2 weeks, but I think this is far, far, far worse than folding AA preflop.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:08 PM

Watching that was like watching Tin Cup keep hitting into the water at the US Open. Like a car wreck you can't stop looking at.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The consensus seems to be:

[/ QUOTE ]

And jrz gets huge boz-bucks for not posting "general consensus."

The grammar nits of the world thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

irregardless, you shouldn't fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

under the circumstances, given the way this was played and the players involved, i agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

you missed my joke [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you missed mine ("under the circumstances" = "given the way this was played and the players involved") [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Irregardless" is one of my very favorite Fox News words.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Likewise, if I were walking around with my zipper open and my dick flapping in the wind...

[/ QUOTE ]

"If"? Oh, I see, there's not that much flapping, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop playing poker. Seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
None of the bettors/raisers were overly aggressive...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's welcome at my table aaaaaaany time.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Worse things than folding AA preflop

Playing it like this is worse:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Villan is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Villan calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villan bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villan 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villan bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Villan calls, MP3 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Villan calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

I was SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].