Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: I Didn\'t Study For This Test, I\'m Cool

Yep, it's a true story but I'm on Brusier's side here, everyone seems to have a story like this. My post was an attempt at sarcasm.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you'll read my earlierr posts, the absolute argmuent was already declared moot. The argumeent was continued under that assumption. I stand by the sleeping in probably 1/4 of my classes. I rarely slept at night. Reading for pleasuere in almost no way resembles studying. There were textbooks that never left my locker.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're Good Will Hunting.

That'd be like bragging about not studying for a physics test in kinematics when you already learned it in Calculus class. Stop being so caught up in how awesome you are..

"I studied what I want, I wasn't gonna do what the man made me...." "But I still kicked ass........" Swell your ego down a notch please.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I would like to out-due everyone on this thread:

For my third year General Relativity exam in University (I got a degree in Advanced Science Physics, honours) they allowed you to bring in one A4 sheet of paper with whatever you wanted on it as long as it was handwritten.

Well my friends, not only did I not bother to bring in this sheet of paper, I barely studied for the exam, only occasionally showed up to class, AND got a better grade than all my friends in this class!!

I'm too cool for words.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what A4 paper is. But I did something similar. I went to a finance final no knowing we were allowed to bring notes and aced it. I was the second one finished and got a 96. But I did study because i really liked finance.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I did something similar. I went to a finance final no knowing we were allowed to bring notes and aced it. I was the second one finished and got a 96.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pull your pants down now please. I really feel the need to blow you.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, you're Good Will Hunting.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. That was sort of half my point. You don't have to be Will Hunting to get through high school if you've halfway educated yourself.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:12 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Reading for pleasuere in almost no way resembles studying

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess this is where we disagree. i see no logical reason why you can't enjoy studying.

if you're reading a book you enjoy, and learning material that is gonna be on a test, you are studying.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're reading a book you enjoy, and learning material that is gonna be on a test, you are studying.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if read a lot of books for pleasure, without knowing that the information will be on a test a few years down the road...? Oh [censored] it i give up. I studied all the time. I was in the chess club. I was a mathlete. I studied morning, noon &amp; night. I studied at home, at school, at work. I read every word in every textbook twice. I even humped a textbook once I loved them so much.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:24 PM

i see you've taken the high road in this friendly argument. good luck with that.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:19 PM

Please, let's not forget, "I was totally hung over when I took the SAT's." Or, not to be outdone by his bigger, tougher, older brother "I was still drunk when I took the SAT's." Both translate to: "My parents spent $2000 on Princeton and Kaplan Test prep so I could break the minimum to get into this school."
Old 01-25-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please, let's not forget, "I was totally hung over when I took the SAT's." Or, not to be outdone by his bigger, tougher, older brother "I was still drunk when I took the SAT's." Both translate to: "My parents spent $2000 on Princeton and Kaplan Test prep so I could break the minimum to get into this school."

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you mention it... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I took them SAT my junior year with the intention of retaking my senior year, but went out the night before the retake and overslept so I never got the retake. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]