Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2004, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Poker legends who I met when they were hatchlings........

I played against Erik123 long ago at Paradise- 1-2 shorthanded. I later played against him after his "fame" at UB heads up pot limit 1-2. I could tell he was just starting to play the game and at that time 1-2 was the biggest game there was. I took his stack and he left [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I remember the turning point: I had QJos and he had been raising me constantly. I was letting him take my blinds mostly and waiting to try and use the agression against him. I raised and he reraised, I just called. The flop was KQJ. We got it all-in. He had K7 and my bottom two held up. I remember admiring his aggression pre-flop with K7. I could see why he was making so much money, and was also thrilled that I had won.

Last year at the Bellagio I met someone who knew him from Sweden. He was a cool guy and also played very agressively. Maybe its the drinking water over there.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Poker legends who I met when they were hatchlings........

I also remember seeing Devilfish, Piesang and other players who I found out were top tourney and limit players, man I wonder how I didn't endup robbing banks to pay my credit card balance those early days of paradise was rather shark infested............