Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Beating loose players

Thank you to all who have replied.
I read some great advice from some of these replies. Others, well lets just say they were about as good a 7-2 off. It is too bad that such I great website can be destroyed by a very few people how have nothing better to do than insult a person they don't even know. What a wonderful life you all lead. Mom and Dad must be proud.
I think in the future I will just read post instead of being insulted by the spinless. Apparently I am a " troll account" anyways, whatever that means.
To those who did reply with honest and skill advice, thank you so much.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:39 AM

Anyone who actually complains about a fish that calls his raise with a T3o knows absolutely nothing about winning at poker.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not questioning if I played the hand right. Given that hand again in the same situation, I would play it again. My question was, how do I NOT beat a loose player at my table.
Please, get this through your head E, how do I NOT beat a player like this?
The hand was an example of loose play. Not a question of did I play it right. Obviously, if J,Q,K, OR A come out on the board and someone bets, I have to dump the hand. I know this. With limpers at the table, I could assume that the only Ace at the table has a small kicker.
The only question is, how do you NOT beat loose play?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-16-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I came here via the advice I received from Greg Raymer. I sent an e-mail to his site and received a reply that stated this was a good place for " advice".
You have done nothing but critize my play. I have had some great replies, none coming from you.
You are adding nothing to this forum other than insults and demeaning attitude. Just please don't reply anymore, I am looking for real advice from real players. Not someone looking to cheap shot others.
Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Criticising play is what we do here. If you listen, and lose the defensive attitude, you might learn something. I'm not much of a tournament player, so I won't offer an opinion on how well you played on the hand where you whined about your bad beat, but I will tell you that if you come here and post about how you can't win because the bad players keep sucking out on you:

1. You don't really have a very good understanding of poker and are very likely a bad player yourself.

2. Nobody here will take you very seriously (see #1).

3. You can't control how other people play. You can only control how you play. If you can adjust your play to take maximum advantage of other player's mistakes, you will be a long term winner. If you don't, and make a lot of mistakes yourself, you will win less than you could, break even, or lose money, depending on just how badly you play.

4. Bad players will beat you on individual hands. It's part of the game. It's what keeps the bad players playing. It's useless and stupid to whine about it. If you take your 10 10 against his 10 3 offsuit a few thousand times, you will have a very high proababilty of being a big winner. Tha doesn't mean you will win every time. If you can't handle that, poker is not the game for you.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read some great advice from some of these replies. Others, well lets just say they were about as good a 7-2 off. It is too bad that such I great website can be destroyed by a very few people how have nothing better to do than insult a person they don't even know. What a wonderful life you all lead. Mom and Dad must be proud.

[/ QUOTE ]

From one newbie to another:

Shut up already. You’re making yourself look like a complete ass.

That is all.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:36 PM

OMFG - this thread is still going...Just in case this is not a dummy account (no pun) and with all due respect, you essentially got the answer in the first two replies to your post. Subsequent posters have elaborated well.

Play well and play these games as much as you can, compliment these players when they suck out. Don't under any cirmcumstance bitch to or about these players, they are your source of income. You have come to this forum for advice and have gotten the correct advice. The end.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I came here via the advice I received from Greg Raymer. I sent an e-mail to his site and received a reply that stated this was a good place for " advice".
You have done nothing but critize my play. I have had some great replies, none coming from you.
You are adding nothing to this forum other than insults and demeaning attitude. Just please don't reply anymore, I am looking for real advice from real players. Not someone looking to cheap shot others.
Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want some advice? Here ya go.

1. The posters on this forum are some of the most successful "amateur turning pro" poker players on the internet. It has helped to produce recent WSOP bracelet winners and numerous millionaires. When someone with 500+ posts here replies to your thread, it's usually someone that fits into the category of a "Real Player" . Much moreso than you and I combined, and I'm no slouch myself.

2. People here are blunt and outright. If you can't take harsh constructive criticism I suggest you find another means of getting advice. Not everyone here will candy coat things for your pleasure - in fact very few people will.

3. Your raise in the blind with TT is defninitely a bad move. Sure you're last to act preflop, but post flop you are first to act and a flop of AKx makes your raise for nothing. You WILL get an overcard on the flop fairly often, and bluffing into 5 people with TT in the hole won't win it for you against people you say yourself will chase to the river. Just because on this flop you had an overpair means jack diddly as you are not a psychic and had no clue you'd be be holding an overpair post flop. You got lucky.

4. Just because the fish called you down with T3 doesn't mean you can't beat him. In reality you DID beat him through the whole hand until he got lucky by drawing out his straight. He was making mistakes playing into you the whole hand. There's nothing to complain about here - except a bad beat that happens to the best of us.

5. Berating people on this forum will be a sure way to end your welcome here. We give freely what was given to us and do it for anyone that comes through these doors and asks in a kind and respectful manner. We are not obligated to you, or anyone else, to provide advice for free, especially to whiny beligerent people who simply refuse to beleive that the hundreds of us here that are successful poker players can't be right.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You beat this kind of game by playing it a ton.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2005, 01:33 PM

with patence and a bit a luck poker has a lot of variance....