Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: I Didn\'t Study For This Test, I\'m Cool

There was a guy in my drivers ed class about 7 years ago that stuck out in my mind. If you've seen Napoleon Dynamite, he was perfectly like the popular jock guy with the bleached hair. He onced bragged in the class, that he "never finished a book in his life".... I was somewhat floored by this.... The man was a total moron in every way, but to actually be bragging about this to try to pick up girls was unbelievable (though it seems to have worked).

On a side note, later in a class my instructor asked "Does anyone here play poker" and this guy says "Hell yeah!"... instructor says "Ok, in poker, what is a straight?"
Stupid jock guy responds with "It's when everything is going really good for you and things are just like clicking"

My super smartass friend in the class yells "The man knows nothing!"...
he had small crumpled balls of paper thrown at him by stupid jock guy and his lackies for the next 5 or 6 classes...

Man, I hate highschoolers...

Freakin
Old 01-25-2005, 04:24 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Like the poster said, how can you ace a history test if you slept in class, didn't read the book, and didn't do the homework. Just not possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy. As Jake pointed out, you can learn as much or more from the library than you can in a high school class. That was pretty much what I did in high school. My sole purpose in going to school was to play sports and decide where we were going to party that night. Every Saturday I would go to the public library and check out a bunch of books. Nothing in high school was new to me. My only caveat is that I did admittedly attend a pretty mediocre school.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you do learn it at some point. who cares if you learn it from class, or from the history channel on TV. studying = learning.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's not wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's wrong. Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it's not possible. Like I said: I did maybe 10 homework assignments in 4 years. I kinda-sorta halfway paid attention in class, meaning I probably slept through 1/4 of them. I rarely knew when I had an exam, much less studied for it. I may have studied for a couple of finals, but no other tests.
Jr. &amp; Sr. years I left after lunch maybe half the time. Most of what's taught in highschool, with the exception (in my case anyway) of math, isn't really advanced material or even new to anyone that spends any significant amount of time reading.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:41 PM

he's not wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's wrong. Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it's not possible. Like I said: I did maybe 10 homework assignments in 4 years. I kinda-sorta halfway paid attention in class, meaning I probably slept through 1/4 of them. I rarely knew when I had an exam, much less studied for it. I may have studied for a couple of finals, but no other tests.
Jr. &amp; Sr. years I left after lunch maybe half the time. Most of what's taught in highschool, with the exception (in my case anyway) of math, isn't really advanced material or even new to anyone that spends any significant amount of time reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not paying attention man. you say he's wrong and it's clear you have no idea what he's talking about.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're not paying attention man. you say he's wrong and it's clear you have no idea what he's talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think it's clear you have no idea what this arguement is.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:51 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda-sorta halfway paid attention in class,

[/ QUOTE ]

in other words you paid attention, thus agreeing with bruiser.

meaning I probably slept through 1/4 of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's almost no chance this is true.

I may have studied for a couple of finals, but no other tests.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm.. seems like you studied a bit, agreeing with bruiser again?

Most of what's taught in highschool, with the exception (in my case anyway) of math, isn't really advanced material or even new to anyone that spends any significant amount of time reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

so at one point you did some reading and learned the material? sounds like studying.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He never studied for spelling tests either.. Argument.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:56 PM

Okay, I would like to out-due everyone on this thread:

For my third year General Relativity exam in University (I got a degree in Advanced Science Physics, honours) they allowed you to bring in one A4 sheet of paper with whatever you wanted on it as long as it was handwritten.

Well my friends, not only did I not bother to bring in this sheet of paper, I barely studied for the exam, only occasionally showed up to class, AND got a better grade than all my friends in this class!!

I'm too cool for words.

And just to clarify, I never even wrote a cheet sheet in the first place!
Old 01-25-2005, 05:00 PM

So what you're saying is that you did study?

By the way the logic behind the cheat sheet is that you learn a lot by just writing out the sheet so you don't even use it on the test. It basically tricks you into studying.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:01 PM

If you'll read my earlierr posts, the absolute argmuent was already declared moot. The argumeent was continued under that assumption. I stand by the sleeping in probably 1/4 of my classes. I rarely slept at night. Reading for pleasuere in almost no way resembles studying. There were textbooks that never left my locker.