Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Related Question

[ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. If you could you could have 2 seats at the same table which would be collusion

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true, unless you had different IP addresses or something.

Me and my roomates have tried it just to see if it worked, it doesn't.

Also this happens like every day, but when I'm 8 or 12 tabling I'll accidentally try and sit with myself and it won't let me.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:37 PM

Party and PokerNow can not be run at the same time on the same computer. Party and most, if not all, of the other Party skins can be run at the same time -- this is how you can play at more than 4 tables on the Party network at once.

If you are running multiple Party skins at the same time, you cannot sit multiple times at the same table because the Party server software detects you are already connected to that table from the same IP address.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:41 PM

So Party and Empire will work. Good. Thats what I needed to know.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: A few new questions...

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know exactly what triggers the block on the computer now. From what people are describing, it may take as little as merely downloading the software for one of the skins.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you download the Party software as a saved file, it cannot be detected. If you click on that file and install the software, it can be detected. If you then uninstall it, even though the installation file remains saved on your computer, it cannot be detected. When you install the program, it puts the code in the registry that the other program detects. When you uninstall it, the code is removed.

So if you have Party installed, you can uninstall it, download and install Empire, and then click on the Party file on your computer and re-install it.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Here’s what I had to do!

sigh

listen stellar AND ez

i have no problems with you guys, never have. all i was saying is that someone who DID want to set up multiple accounts for the wrong reasons should have to do some research on their own.

i have great respect for you too. i think the issue got clouded in my rant. that's my fault.

i just think this is the wrong place to discuss registry changes etc, but i also know i am of a 1% minority that feels this way. i can live with that.

4 months ago, people used to come to the zoo just to get affiliates for a rakeback, or just to offer rakeback. it was a mess. both sides of that equation had posters that were contributing nothing, only using this place as a board to conduct business. i just don't want us to get the reputation as the place to come to find out how to alter registries. that was my point, and as usual, it got lost in my signature melodrama.

peace