Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 01:43 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: TStoneMBD?

for somebody who has a lot to learn, from what i recall you believe you have a lot to teach as well. amulet2222 on party right? if i remember correctly that person did copious amounts of table coaching. that kind of stuff is much more -ev than any actions taken in this hand.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:33 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: several mistakes

[ QUOTE ]
i am not sure who the "we" you origional mention are?

i think your responses tend to be angry to my posts. why? someone who shares a passion, deserves respect and kindness. even if you disagree. and the purpose of this form is to discuss poker. therefore, if you disagree instead of making some rude comment, present the reasons you think i am incorrect. be constructive.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe it's the fact that you repeatedly argue against large groups of people, and state fallacies as fact?
Old 01-17-2005, 02:36 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
for somebody who has a lot to learn, from what i recall you believe you have a lot to teach as well. amulet2222 on party right? if i remember correctly that person did copious amounts of table coaching. that kind of stuff is much more -ev than any actions taken in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

one time I check-raised him with a set, he rivered a gut shot, and after the hand wrote "hate to say it, but if you bet the turn, I would've folded." just wanted to get that out because it pissed me off
Old 01-17-2005, 02:37 PM

wrong party name
Old 01-17-2005, 02:38 PM

again, not the right person, different name at pp.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:43 PM

this is exactly the type of angry unconstructive response that repeatedly waste everyones time. if you have a point on why i am incorrect say WHY not just some angry comment. and numbers of posters do not make something correct. i may very well be incorrect, but say why you think so.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:09 PM

There is one limper, who can have who knows what, and five random hands behind you. Yes, A8s could be dominated. So what. My KK could be up against AA, it doesn't mean I am going to fold. If the limper is tight, A8s is going to be about even with his average hand (Edit: and is getting 2.5-1 on the preflop call already). And it has more than its share of equity against any number of random hands. Add in the fact that it can occasionally take huge pots and can also be gotten away from cheap, and I see no reason not to play it.

As far as I can tell, only one person here favors folding the A8s to a single limper. So I think the burden of proof is on you to come up with some harder evidence to support your argument.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:23 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

interesting, because they're very tight and phrase their comments somewhat robotically
Old 01-17-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting, because they're very tight and phrase their comments somewhat robotically

[/ QUOTE ]

and both happen to play Party 10/20 and 15/30. very few people play Party 10/20 full. What a coincidence!
Old 01-17-2005, 03:27 PM

People have tried that with you and it doesn't work. So, at this point, many people feel it's not worth the trouble.