Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Suited Ace-rag hits Top Two Pair - How\'s My Line?

I do not because I don't think it makes sense to pay for it when I'm stuck in the ghetto $11s. Do you feel otherwise?
Old 06-03-2005, 01:36 PM

Well if you're "stuck" in the $11s then you may need it to figure out why you aren't winning.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:41 PM

No, I'm winning in the $11s. I just don't have much of a roll. If I maintain my current ROI (slightly north of 20%; not great but passable), I should be moving up to the $22s shortly.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:17 PM

I like your line.

But, I also am a fan of folding this preflop. The problem being your implied odds are much much worse playing Axs v a pair. It is hard to make a lot when you flop a flush (draw) or trips compared to when you flop a set.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I play at the 1,500 chip SNGs

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this makes it okay to limp in EP with suited aces when blinds are 10/20. 75 BB's is plenty to limp with hands with big drawing potential out of position. Of course, it largely depends on table conditions. If most hands go unraised preflop and there are usually a lot of limpers, I think it would be a mistake to fold here with blinds this low (unless you suck at postflop play).
Old 06-03-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your line.

But, I also am a fan of folding this preflop. The problem being your implied odds are much much worse playing Axs v a pair. It is hard to make a lot when you flop a flush (draw) or trips compared to when you flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention that, but that's a great point. OP seems to be pretty confident someone's going to double him up with 3 of one suit out there as he's sitting in EP trying to decide whether to bet or CR the river...
Old 06-03-2005, 05:12 PM

I will often get paid off even with the flush out there from a) someone with a smaller flush or b) someone with two pairs or a set.

Hell, I have gotten paid off with someone with ONE pair and a four-flush on the board! As stupid as people think I am, the people I am beating make me look like Howard Lederer. I would post some of the crazy stuff I see but then I'll get citanul all mad.

If you can get past the inability to bluff much and beats that make your gums hurt, I highly suggest everyone play lower level tournaments with 1,500 chips. You will make money (in smallish increments, natch) AND improve your post-flop game.

I win there and apparently I am the worst player ever.