Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Fold the flop here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want you in my games, Chief. I'd run you over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chief is easily one of the best players in SS.

[/ QUOTE ]

His strategy posts do not reflect this supposed level of skill.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:04 PM

I don't know why I am even replying to your Matador-like posts.

I do think this a bad hand to call a raise from the blind, but is especially bad in a game like 15/30 on Party. The game is very aggressive on the flop which is not good for a hand like this.

I do think betting the flop is a better play. By checking you wil blown off the best hand too often. Betting just improves your chances of winning if you do have the best hand.

Oh well, maybe I am wrong. I'll see you at the tables oscar.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:04 PM

It's only got 16% equity against the likely range if you stay in until the river, Tilts. There are many times you won't be able to call the flop for your backdoor straight or flush or two pair or trips or whatever which is why your equity numbers are deceiving. Fold preflop.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's only got 16% equity against the likely range if you stay in until the river, Tilts. There are many times you won't be able to call the flop for your backdoor straight or flush or two pair or trips or whatever which is why your equity numbers are deceiving. Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand equity + implied odds very well here. The times you cannot call with your backdoor draws are more than made up for by the times you hit and make up many bets.

This is ONE small bet, people. You HAVE the odds. Just because you don't have a pretty hand is NOT the issue.

I tried to help. People are obviously pretty pissy about it. So fine, fold this hand and keep playing the style you play. I really don't care if you don't want to listen to reason and improve your games.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand equity + implied odds very well here. The times you cannot call with your backdoor draws are more than made up for by the times you hit and make up many bets.

This is ONE small bet, people. You HAVE the odds. Just because you don't have a pretty hand is NOT the issue.

I tried to help. People are obviously pretty pissy about it. So fine, fold this hand and keep playing the style you play. I really don't care if you don't want to listen to reason and improve your games.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the amount you make up in implied odds are often overtaken by reverse implied odds and domination. For example, KQ9 and AQ9 flops are very dangerous for you , as are QT9 and Q98. Too much [censored] to deal with with a mediocre hand. You are wrong.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And the amount you make up in implied odds are often overtaken by reverse implied odds and domination. For example, KQ9 and AQ9 flops are very dangerous for you , as are QT9 and Q98. Too much [censored] to deal with with a mediocre hand. You are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're a likely a weak postflop player who wouldn't know what to do with those flops. As I said earlier, if you're a crummy postflop player, yeah *maybe* you should fold this hand in the BB. But if you're not, it's a clear call. Just because you don't know what to do on a KQ9 flop with varying degrees of action doesn't mean others don't.

Keep playing ABC Poker 101 though and keep grinding out those 2-4 wins, I could care less. One less unimaginative nit in my games is fine with me.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention when you get a safe flop like Q93, but it's of one suit or two-toned.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:14 PM

Max,

I agree that a flop bet is fine here considering the pot size and also considering that you're likely to get raised immediately by both worse and better hands. I actually think whether to bet or check the flop is the only interesting decision in the hand.

Chief
Old 08-17-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention when you get a safe flop like Q93, but it's of one suit or two-toned.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're afraid of flops and decisions on them, don't play hold'em.

Jesus, this is getting pathetic.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure whatever you said was quite intellectually stimulating though.