Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 10:26 AM

Location: They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn\'t find it to be that exactly, but I\'ll allow as there are some nice folks there.
Default Re: Quitting Smoking Take 2!

I don't know anything about quitting smoking. I have been clean and sober since August 19, 2002 though.

I suggest that you pray for the obsession for tobacco to be removed. It doesn't matter so much which god you believe in or how strong your faith is. Its all about willingness to take the action.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:03 PM

I have 25 hours and 57 minute before quit time and I have 32 smokes left. I smoked 53 cigarettes today [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Can't let them go to waste.

Steve
Old 06-14-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 25 hours and 57 minute before quit time and I have 32 smokes left. I smoked 53 cigarettes today [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - You are so [censored].
Old 06-14-2005, 11:44 PM

I agree with the posters who say, "just do it". It will be hard and you will need to steele yourself for some serious cravings but its worth it.

It's helped me to remind myself that smoking is a TOTALLY unatural habit. By unatural, I mean we weren't born with the craving to smoke. I've always found it very empowering to remind myself of this simple fact when the urge hits; it helps bring perspective to the jones and minimizes it.

cbf
Old 06-14-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, that's [censored] up. Like money already in the pot, whether you smoke or toss the cigs, the money is spent. Remember, smoking is -EV. As a poker player, you should never make a -EV play when a +EV one is available to you.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:52 PM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)

I work for GSK. We sell the patch, gum, and lozenge. Of the three, I believe that Commit Lozenge has the best clinicals. It is actually recommened if you had a relapsed quit attempt. The only thing bad about them is that the longer they are in your mouth, the flatter they become. In my mind, they are too big by the time that they are almost dissolved. When we launched Nicorette Orange about 4 years ago, I tried a sample. I had smoked a little in college, but had not had one in about 10 years. I try a sample to see how it would taste, liked it, ordered a case for sample product and Viola, I am a Nicorette addict 3 years later. I started on the 2mg and traded up to the 4mg - not exactly the strategy that we had in mind. When I run out, I will slap on a patch and I don't feel that they provide enough nicotine and I find myself scurrying through the building to find another box of gum.

I am an anomaly, though. We get thousands and thousands of letters every year that tell us how the products changed their lives, live to see grandkids, don't have a black lung, don't have to send any money to the DNC, crazy preacher, etc.

Good luck to you.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, that's [censored] up. Like money already in the pot, whether you smoke or toss the cigs, the money is spent. Remember, smoking is -EV. As a poker player, you should never make a -EV play when a +EV one is available to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never thought of it that way...

Quick question...Will a pack and a half of cigarettes [censored] up a garbage disposal???

Steve
Old 06-15-2005, 12:14 AM

yes.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:00 AM

You should leave them on the counter at your buddy's house. The wusses at the DNC need all the help they can get.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:42 PM

Default OK it is official I just smoked my last cigarette!!!

I just smoked the last cigarette I had on the way home from work. I am done and I still have 3 hours and 17 minutes before the start of the actual quit day. I will do new updated to this each day because I think there are people now taking bets on me.

Steve