Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: sigh

I knew you were going to say that the second I saw you made a response. Did not even have to scroll down. Bot.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:24 AM

FWIW, I had a similar experience this month. I have actually been running really well at 10/20 6-max (over 2, which is great, for me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

However, I ran really bad at 15/30 - the more expensive limit.

If I hadn't of decided to play 3000 hands of 15/30, this would of been my best month. Ever. Instead, it was my 2nd worst month of the year, and I was only playing 3/6 in that month (January) .......... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: sigh - UPDATE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its just amazing how little 5k means in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have said 3k-4k, but yeah . . . gotta agree. Really, really need to get over feeling down *at all* when I lose $1000 in a night. I mean, I deal with it much better than I used to -- it's just 50BB, after all -- but I absolutely need to get to the point where I can drop this and still sleep like a baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grisgra, you are a big baby when it comes to downswings. And I say that with the highest respect! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Bragging in white. <font color="white"> I had a 210 BB downswing the last week of the month and I didn't even notice until I had pulled out of it.</font>

Krishan
Old 06-01-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Grisgra, you are a big baby when it comes to downswings. And I say that with the highest respect! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, you're right. I still can't believe that I was complaining about one lousy 75BB slide at the beginning of this month [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Oh, if I only knew how many slides like that I'd have over the next 30 days.

Hey, running 3BB/100 over two months spoils a guy.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bragging in white. <font color="white"> I had a 210 BB downswing the last week of the month and I didn't even notice until I had pulled out of it.</font>

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too funny, that happened to me in April! Not checking my results (covering playerview, not adding up my BR, etc) has been one of the best things I've done to prevent tilt.

However, I really noticed the 250bb downswing when I moved up to 10/20. Curses! I moved back down and immediately hit a hot streak. I hate that that bothers me, but it does. Ooof.

Surf
Old 06-01-2005, 04:30 PM

Yeah I was all happy at 5/10 and felt some weird sense of invincibility (after a massive four thousand HANDS!) and moved up to 10/20. For a night. And -100BB. In two hours. I felt like I had been shower raped by the tasmanian devil.

Needless to say I sauntered back down to 5/10. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would absolutely hate that, since I would know 100% I am going to lose 50-80% of that in the next 1-3 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. I was happy all day, but cried myself to sleep that night. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]