Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: need more smart-ass comments to say to posers with sunglasses

My last trip to the trop was a pretty lousy night, both with bad luck and me being completely off my game.

Until I gave up and went down to a 2-4 table. As soon as I sat down I look across the table and see three kids with hats and sunglasses on. I said whats up to them and kept a friendly image to the whole table.

Despite the awful night, I made back 80 bucks from that table in about 2 hours. I have to say the most serious players seem to be the least skilled. So i'm keeping them in the game and making fun of them when they bust and storm off.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then the dealer chimed in "Sir, this a 3/6 game." The whole table got a good laugh out of that and the guy turned beet red then folded his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer shouldn't "chime in," especially to make fun of players that I'm trying to get money out of.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:35 PM

"Hey, buddy...just thought you might like to know...your seeing-eye dog licks his balls everytime you flop two pair or better."
Old 05-17-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday at my B&M I got to play with a guy in sunglasses (6-12 game, by the way) who berated the table's token drunk when he'd beat him, arrogantly flipping his winning hands over (clearly for our benefit, since the drunk was beyond the ability to comprehend).

I bring this up because, like you (original poster), I spent most of my folding time thinking of the appropriate line when I got my chance to break him, and when it finally came I simply and methodically stacked his chips and said nothing.

Because it occured to me that if I am going to retain my sanity while spending my time around drunks and fools with sunglasses, the best long-term strategy is not to get personally involved.

Still, the shades were silly dark. You could see the flop in the reflection.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was in this game. That was the most ridiculous game I've ever seen. I was also spending my free moments alternately thinking of things to say to that prick and trying hard to keep myself from saying them. This guy was the biggest, most arrogant prick I've played with in a long time and he really was exactly the assbag with sunglasses stereotype. The kicker was how big he was talking up, but he was really a terrible player. He caught big, though, and that pissed me off too.

By the way, when were you there? Were you on the drunk guy's end of the table or the sunglass prick's end of the table? Were you the one who called the drunk guy Big Burger? That was the funniest thing I've heard at a table in a long time.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:48 PM

I always say "I feel like I'm on TV playing with you guys!"
Old 05-17-2005, 11:35 PM

I take no greater joy than busting some one with Sunglasses and a Hat on and perhaps a ipod as well. One example was in Rochester I capped T7o against a older lady with sunglasses and a hat on she had AA on the button, yes I cracked her, 4 bets on the flop, 4bets on the turn, 3 bets on the river. Most likley I shouldnt of had so many bets in but it was the possibilty that I was going to crack her monster hand that I had to do it. It was one of the greatest feelings I ever had after she stormed off, I felt like Matt Damon in Rounders at the end when he beat the madd russian.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I take no greater joy than busting some one with Sunglasses and a Hat on and perhaps a ipod as well. One example was in Rochester I capped T7o against a older lady with sunglasses and a hat on she had AA on the button, yes I cracked her, 4 bets on the flop, 4bets on the turn, 3 bets on the river. Most likley I shouldnt of had so many bets in but it was the possibilty that I was going to crack her monster hand that I had to do it. It was one of the greatest feelings I ever had after she stormed off, I felt like Matt Damon in Rounders at the end when he beat the madd russian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Maybe I'll start wearing shades. It sounds +EV.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:33 PM

I own a pair of contact lenses that turn my eyes blood red (Don't ask). After reading this thread last week I decided to wear these contacts, with sunglasses over them, just hoping to get a "hater" to say something to me at the 1/2 NL table. It certainly worked, with one guy getting on my case pretty good for about 10 minutes. Finally, I acted like I'd had enough, stood up, showed him my blood red eyes, and said, "Wouldn't YOU wear sunglasses if your eyes looked like this???" The guy blushed, and didn't say a word for the rest of the session. Priceless.

-jp
Old 06-16-2005, 01:51 PM

That's classic! BTW, judging from your user name, are you part of the UMassPoker.com site? I need to remember to head over there more often to look for home games while I'm in the Pioneer Valley.

My comment is pretty bland, but the other day at Turning Stone I managed to deadpan, "So, do you get a lot of people reading tells in the $1-3 game?" He replied tersely in the affirmative, and all I could say is, "Oh..." with mock earnestness.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Hey, buddy...just thought you might like to know...your seeing-eye dog licks his balls everytime you flop two pair or better."

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD