Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: AK ... chickened out?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I generally just call a raise PF with AKo, but there's 6 folds after UTG's raise so going ahead and 3 betting seems best.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have it backwards, the more cold-callers, the more likely you should 3-bet pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I'm interested to know this because I always assumed I'd want my top pair of have a better chance when I hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what your statement has to do with 3-betting pre-flop. Someone raises, there's 3-4 callers, you have way too much equity here not to 3-bet.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I generally just call a raise PF with AKo, but there's 6 folds after UTG's raise so going ahead and 3 betting seems best.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have it backwards, the more cold-callers, the more likely you should 3-bet pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I'm interested to know this because I always assumed I'd want my top pair of have a better chance when I hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what your statement has to do with 3-betting pre-flop. Someone raises, there's 3-4 callers, you have way too much equity here not to 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that makes sense.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think we can find a 3 bet on the river, though, if we are feeling up to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutly not

[/ QUOTE ]

OOPS!!! For some reason I read "I think we can find a fold to a 3-bet on the river. Thats what the absolutly not was for...3-bet that shiznit for sure! I even read that post a few times because I was thinkig "fold to a 3-bet, did he really say that?"....I must have been hallucinating.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: AK ... chickened out? [Re: dblgutshot]
#2326780 - 05/06/05 12:00 AM Edit Reply Quote

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we can find a 3 bet on the river, though, if we are feeling up to it.

Absolutly not

OOPS!!! For some reason I read "I think we can find a fold to a 3-bet on the river. Thats what the absolutly not was for...3-bet that shiznit for sure! I even read that post a few times because I was thinkig "fold to a 3-bet, did he really say that?"....I must have been hallucinating.

[/ QUOTE ]

tehe. You're [censored] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok you play AKo hoping to hit TPTK and hope it stands up... then you get THE PERFECT flop for AKo no str8 or flush draws and you just call a flop bet..... raise raise raise till you can't raise anymore. When the 3rd A hits the river the one hand you are worried about (AA) is no longer possible so raise it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it is a good flop for AK. The rest of the post is bullshit though. Don't just post meaningless dravel, think a few seconds before you post. I think this is perfect played in every way assuming his opponent is a thinking player. At 1/2 crypto and party I would do the same
Old 05-06-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is perfect played in every way assuming his opponent is a thinking player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto that.

A CR on the turn allows any player with 1/4th-1/2 of a brain to get away from his hand. U should re-raise that river.

I think a flop CR, then call his 3-bet, call the turn bet, then bet/3-bet the river works well to. (depends on opponent, as if hes thinking he might slowdown on the river).