Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AK ... chickened out? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=246163)

mimih 05-05-2005 10:54 AM

AK ... chickened out?

Ok I probably played this hand completely wrong... Should I have 3-bet preflop? I check-called up till the turn because I was afraid UTG had AA since he capped preflop... Should I have played this differently? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

davelin 05-05-2005 10:57 AM

Re: AK ... chickened out?

I think this is fine. Tempted to 3-bet the river though...

KaiShin 05-05-2005 10:57 AM

I don't get this at all. You need to be throwing chips in this pot like they were on fire.

[ QUOTE ]
I check-called up till the turn because I was afraid UTG had AA

[/ QUOTE ]
There's two aces out there, one in your hand and one on the board. What are the chances that your opponent has AA?

I would likely CR the flop, then go into calldown mode if 3-bet.

I'd also 3-bet the river. Not a lot of people cap with AJ. You're probably splitting the pot.

davelin 05-05-2005 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get this at all. You need to be throwing chips in this pot like they were on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to discourage KK or QQ here...

KaiShin 05-05-2005 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes good point. I still think the river should be 3-bet though, but rake considerations are coming into play here if we're splitting.

chipolino 05-05-2005 11:01 AM

This is a good flop for you. No draws whatsoever. Bet the flop and if raised, reraise his ass.

Turn: I'll come out betting if he raises you then just call. If he doesn't raise you you probably have him beat.

River: hmmm... not really sure, but I probably call too. Since I'm also weak tight [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. But a raise is ok I think.
Can anyone comment on raising the river please.

krishanleong 05-05-2005 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your treating this as though it's a way ahead way behind situation. It's not. It's a way ahead, way ahead situation.

Krishan

MrWookie47 05-05-2005 11:04 AM

Check/calling because you were afraid of AA is wrong. Check/calling because you want to keep KK or QQ betting into you is fine. I'd probably 3bet the river, especially since with that A there is extremely little fear of AA.

krishanleong 05-05-2005 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/calling because you want to keep KK or QQ betting into you is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only sorta true. Your opponent has a range of hands. Against this range you must put in a raise before the river. I checkraise the turn if I play the flop the same way.

Krishan

@bsolute_luck 05-05-2005 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/calling because you were afraid of AA is wrong. Check/calling because you want to keep KK or QQ betting into you is fine. I'd probably 3bet the river, especially since with that A there is extremely little fear of AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. why pound people on the flop for sb when you can get them on the more expensive streets [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but i'm interested in the 3-betting river thing...what do you think villain has preflop that he'll cap and then reraise our raise on the river? does he think we're bluffing?

i wonder what the reads are on UTG. i know it's probably monsters, but i'll call because he has JJ or split AK.