Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: AQo is a good hand, but.....

[ QUOTE ]
Again, the size of the pot is not the end all be all though it is a critical factor. If someone dropped a thousand dollars into the pot we'd not be folding. But saying that "the only difference" is that there are a lot CCers and a bettor and a raiser is not the same thing as the pre-flop situation -- everyone of those bettors / raisers / CCers have had a look at the flop when their estimates on their hands' equity value swings so dramatically (now we have 5 cards rather than 2). The fact that so many come along against this flop should give us pause about how likely our hand is going to be good after the turn and ultimately on the river.

Just feels like you're dismissing a whole crapload of information when information is the name of this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not ignoring any info. 1) Pot is big. 2) Hero has TPQK 3) range of hands that beat hero by the two aggressors include 2 pair and a set which is about 5 hands. range of hands that hero beats include 15-20 hands. (utg could easily have 2 diamonds or any ace - pfr could easily have a worse ace) 4)if you're ahead your equity is large, if you're behind, hero should be 3 bet pretty soon and only looses 1 big bet for the information.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising creates a massive pot with a hand that plays very poorly multiway, and brings in the possibility of a cap. Folding dumps a hand that is very likely ahead of most if not all of my opponents. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]
i couldnt agree more, with 4 in already i cant see the point in raising unless it was suited, and yes folding is daft,
Old 04-20-2005, 03:08 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I'd call and raise the turn. I'd go deeper but there are so many different possibilities that it would be hard to cover them all.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call and raise the turn. I'd go deeper but there are so many different possibilities that it would be hard to cover them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking as well, but the turn would have to be PERFECT (a black whore or a small black card), as the board is hideous.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:23 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

board ain't that hideous. 2 of the scariest cards also give you a gut shot
Old 04-20-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
board ain't that hideous. 2 of the scariest cards also give you a gut shot

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but with 2 cold-callers on the flop, I've got to wary of anything with paint and anything red.