Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Midlimit floaters

First, I'd like to mention that I am just a young small stakes player, in fact, I just decided to check out these higher limit posts because I thought I could learn a thing or two [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, it seems to me that these players are probably good enough post flop, so they can still make these errors and still win decent money. On the other hand, if they played a little bit better preflop strategy they'd increase their winnings. It sort of reminds me of something I read (I think it was in The Theory of Poker). Sklansky said he used to sometimes play with people that were just as good as him but played a little to loose preflop, and he said that they'd always wonder why he won so much more than they did, and it turned out to be that he was just playing better preflop strategy then them. Therefore, if you are the exact same ability postflop with them, then you'd probably gain alot by just playing better preflop strategy.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: hi

I was pretty sure that was from Championship NL and PL holdem but I could be wrong. Anyhow if he really wrote that, its horrible advice.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: hi

no it was limit i checked it yesterday, im not saying i agree with it, but i can see where hes coming from
Old 04-19-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any particular rhyme or reason to this strategy, as opposed to the standard alternative of 3-betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious as to your "standard" remark: aren't there scenarios where someone will raise in front of you and you do not wish to three bet it? This could be opportunities you're missing on your side, which then leads to confusion when you're on the other side of the equation.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 04-20-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any particular rhyme or reason to this strategy, as opposed to the standard alternative of 3-betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious as to your "standard" remark: aren't there scenarios where someone will raise in front of you and you do not wish to three bet it? This could be opportunities you're missing on your side, which then leads to confusion when you're on the other side of the equation.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that I've floated occasionally, but nothing has convinced me that there's some sort of systematic advantage to doing so, or even that there's some systematic advantage to adding an extra bit of variation to your play in this particular situation.