Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: extracting value from strong draws

Have you come up with a postion yet Leptyne? I"m confused by your replies in this post. If you could please copy and paste them all in one post and then explain yourself I would appreciate it.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I generally like to bet and raise strong draws on the flop to win the pot if possible, maybe get a free card on the turn and disguise my hand if I hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO this gives your hand away a lot of the time and makes it difficult to get paid off when you hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actualy it's quite the opposite. Think about it. Let me know what you come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that people didn't defend their positions with reasonded arguments when they are challenged in this forum. I thought they just didn't reply, backpeddled, or simply changed their position without ever admitting they may have been mistaken. Can't wait for mid stakes..

[/ QUOTE ]

BK-

I am really tired, just got back from AC--working on no sleep since Wednesday I guess--so I am not sure if you are referring to me or not.

Freak Daddy-

I don't know who you think you are to make such a post. If you think I am wrong, why don't you elaborate on why. That way, we can get a discussion going and hopefully the both of us and the rest of the posters in this forum can learn something.

Seriously, "think about it" and "let me know what you come up with"--give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Ness, I took the time to reply. Now I'm waiting for you to participate in that "discussion" you wanted to get going..
Old 12-03-2005, 10:54 PM

...Makes it 5 or 6.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took the liberty to throw out a few thoughts/possibilities in support of freakdaddy's position. I am waiting for the explanation why your strategy is better Ness.

[/ QUOTE ]

On second thought I think it just makes more sense to add to my ignore list.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:33 PM

thank you BK that was for me very informative. And it gets away from the spiteful pissing contests some correspondents seem to nurture.