Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 09:25 AM

Default Re: suggestion for OOT

The Forums fine.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:29 AM

I think everyone needs I don't know how to put it, how about a bunch of rainbows and smiling unicorns shoved up there butts. Its not that hard to avoid a post you know you wont like. To many bannings over stupid things. To much fighting over nothing.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:38 AM

I think the question is: Can we keep what's appealing about OOT (a completely random collection of strange things and people, which/who are sometimes funny) while getting rid of the annoying posts about one person or another's peepee.

Also, remember that if OOT was "cleaned up", there wouldn't be as many fights between idiots, which are often hilarious.

I don't have these answers, but I do predict that the other forums would suffer if OOT went away. More random crap would get posted elsewhere and you'd have to clean it up from all the other forums.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:50 AM

Dear Mat-

I woke up this morning and saw this thread and nearly panicked. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Please DO NOT get rid of OOT Mat. Please. This is an awesome forum and you are the king in my opinion for giving me this hilarious gift which came so unexpectedly into my life.

I have been a lurker for about two and a half years and only posted on here a handful of times but I've gotten so much more out of this than you could ever know. Like Bulldog said, I've learned a lot from OOT Mat and you just doesn't realize it because you only hear the complaints.

I know you are genuinely concerned about offending women and driving them off. I suspect that OtisTheMarsupial and some other women may have PM'd you and complained about Kane's Conundrum of Ugly Chicks or Wacki's Belly Pudge thread. This annoys me about women. These were really pretty good threads. I am female and certainly do not mind the inappropriate threads. Maybe because I’m comfortable with myself or maybe because I know a lot of guys. Anyway, I think they're funny. They do have the option to not click on these threads or even turn away from the screen it if offends them that much. Most of us are used to wading through the crap and we just deal with it. Actually, I like wading through the crap.

Of course there are idiots on here and some of the topics are off-color or just plain gross. The gold is found in the responses to these man. Look, lots of people are lonely, shy and very young. They ask dumb questions because they have no one else to ask. Who cares. Any one of these weird threads has the potential to turn into comic genius at some point.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:54 AM

We need more posters like you. Please post more.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the question is: Can we keep what's appealing about OOT (a completely random collection of strange things and people, which/who are sometimes funny) while getting rid of the annoying posts about one person or another's peepee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it will never happen, it has been suggested in the past that there be a "babes" forum.

Before politics was removed from OOT a lot of people avoided this forum because of politics threads.

Where were OT threads posted instead? On the NV&G forum.

So if OOT were killed, we would still get the threads, but they would be posted elsewhere (NV&G or WPT or elsewhere).
Old 07-24-2005, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather have OOT as it is than not at all or separated more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-24-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You created a Bogus account just to make this suggestion? You wimp!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just what I was thinking. The ridiculousness of someone creating a gimmick account for this, should indicate on the ridiculousness of the suggestion.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:18 AM

oot=my favorite 2+2 forum.

Perhaps a FAQ is in order? Don't post dumb [censored] you could just look up yourself, no gimmick accounts, use the search function, whatever.

And it could include definitions of commonly used words. Like "trolling".
Old 07-24-2005, 11:05 AM

If the sex posts must continue, make a sexual/dating advice forum.