Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 05-27-2005, 04:05 PM
jedi jedi is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: wtf...is this legal?

I'm with other posters. You said "yes." End of story.

Let your yes's be yes's and no's be no's and you won't have any problems in the future.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Sasnak Sasnak is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I wouldn't move on. That is rediculous. As a matter of principle I would tie up their customer service with angry emails threatening to do everything in my power to deter business from their site. It will make them prove to you how much they care about that $10.50. Usually, when poker support sees that you are angry and are willing to bother them for an extended period of time to get your way, they will go out of their way to make you happy. In a situation like this, they will probably do it quickly because this is rediculous and illegal. It's not worth it to them to lose your business over a measly 10 bucks. Press for a refund.

[/ QUOTE ]

They may give the $10.50 back whether he's right or wrong. In our office, if you're the one whom is wrong, well, you're still the one whom is wrong. Period. And we'll tell you so. If you don't like it I'd rather have you wasting my competitors time than mine.

I seriously doubt his "rake" will make or break PP. Ignorance of TOS and T&C is not an excuse either. No matter, I hope he gets his $10.50 back and everyone reading the thread aren't as free with their "promises".
Old 05-27-2005, 04:16 PM
imported_exelius imported_exelius is offline
Member

Location: West Tennessee

Yeah that doesn't sound right to me either. Someone asked me to make a side bet a couple weeks ago for 10.00 at a stars HU game also. I didnt respond at all, though. Glad I didnt.

Ex
Old 05-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Sasnak Sasnak is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Stars allows chopping of tournament cash. You agree to a chop, and you stand by it. Move on.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brunson talks about a 'Man' and his 'Word' in The Biggest game in Town I'm reading. Certainly if Doyle or another reputable poker player agreed to something, they should stand by it. "A man is only as good as his word"
Old 05-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Colombo Colombo is offline
Senior Member

augie and dids, this is not a lie, and I'm not going out of my way to take screenshots for you. What would be the purpose of me lying?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:45 PM
augie00 augie00 is offline
Junior Member

Well, the thing is, PokerStars has the best customer support out of any company I've ever delt with, ever. Not just poker. Any problem or question I've ever had has been delt with instantly.

[ QUOTE ]
What would be the purpose of me lying?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, a lot of people do idiotic things in this world for no apparent reason. All you gotta do is post an e-mail. It's not that hard.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Colombo Colombo is offline
Senior Member

fine augie... The following is the first 80% or so of my emails

>>I played a player named "Glassworks" earlier today in a $100 Heads up.
As i was playing him, he asked if i would send him $10.50 if he lost.
Because i know peddlers are looked down upon, i decided to say "yes"
just to joke with him. Anyway, I win, I never transfer him $10.50, I
move on. So right now, i go to check my history, and at 19:36 on
5/26/05 it said that i sent $10.50 to a player named "Glassworks," the
same player that i played earlier.

Now, I'm assuming that support authorized the transfer, because he
showed proof of me saying "yes" or something. If this is true, it is
quite outrageous and I want my money back now. Why would support ever
have the right to take MY funds and give them to another player.
There is an option to transfer money, and if I really wanted to give
him money I would have. I don't know why support would authorize the
cashout without my consent and I am disgusted.

I would like my $10.50 back

Sincerely, Ryan Colombo (Colombo218)

PokerStars Support
to me
More options 11:42 pm (11 minutes ago)
Hello Ryan,

When you make a deal with another player in chat, that is completely clear,
we will enforce it. In this case, that deal is clear:

Glassworks If I lose can you transfer me $10.50? 2 5/26/2005 6:58:21 PM
Colombo218 ya 1 5/26/2005 6:58:29 PM

You may have considered this a joke, but when you make an agreement of this
nature on our tournament tables, we will enforce it if we believe the
agreement to be clear, as in this case.

Regards,

Jacob
PokerStars Support Team

>>Ryan Colombo
to PokerStars
More options 11:45 pm (8 minutes ago)
Why? Don't you think if I wanted to give him $10.50 I would have done
it myself? This is extremely uncalled for.

Old 05-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Peter Peter is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]

Glassworks If I lose can you transfer me $10.50? 2 5/26/2005 6:58:21 PM
Colombo218 ya 1 5/26/2005 6:58:29 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't sound as an agreement, he asks if you CAN send him money, and you said ya, because you're able to do that, it doesn't say you actually will.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:12 PM
augie00 augie00 is offline
Junior Member

There, that was easy eh? Arguments go over well when there is actual evidence behind what you are saying...anyhoo...

Don't give up on this. E-mail Lee Jones and tell him what happened. E-mail support again, ask that the e-mail be forwarded to the supervisor. If you yell hard enough, I am confident that this will get reversed.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:17 PM
bobbyi bobbyi is offline
Junior Member

Location: Seattle, WA

I can understand why the last two guys in a multi-table tournament might make a deal, but the whole concept of making a deal in a heads up match is absurd.