Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Split decision

If villian has the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hero is only a very slight underdog. Folding is probably wrong for a number of reasons
Old 05-06-2005, 01:21 PM

My first instinct was to push here, but I'm not great with the math.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:34 PM

if it missed, the turn would have gone check-fold.

i agree that folding the flop is suboptimal here. depends on how often he'll raise with and without the flush. problem is he is most likely to hold the nut flush if he's got a flush, because the K, J and T are dead. guestimating, all it would take is for him to have the flush around 30% of the time and the nut flush 15% for folding to be best. wouldn't take much to overcome the dead money in that pot.

matt
Old 05-06-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meant to say is, strong players usually don't come in with JT into a pot with no one in it, in late position, without raising it.

What's the point?

Without multiway action, it's a weak hand that has little in its favor besides position (it's not favored over two random blind hands), and if you're going to play position, might as well come in for a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just my take on NL, but I don't care too much about multiway action in NL on "multiway" hands so long as stacks are fairly deep. Also, sometimes I will limp with JT, and sometimes I raise it. Pretty much like any other hand I play.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What decision? He has the A of spades, push and hope he only has high card A and you drag pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] isn't folding to the push. Note that if neither improve, A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x drags the pot.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

These are my thoughts exactly, with 25 seconds, I dump. Perhaps with more thought I talk myself into calling, but I think a fold is right given where you are at.

[/ QUOTE ]

hero is getting almost 3-1 on a call here. Unless the villian holds the trump ace, folding is a pretty bad idea....The question is how often does he hold the [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A??
Old 05-06-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but there's this "bet pot" button see - and it's just sitting there WAITING to be pushed

[/ QUOTE ]

what fun....hope they have one of those at the Bellag!.....
Old 05-06-2005, 06:09 PM

Could you explain why you wouldn't attempt a stop n go push for the turn?
Old 05-06-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
meant to say is, strong players usually don't come in with JT into a pot with no one in it, in late position, without raising it.

What's the point?

Without multiway action, it's a weak hand that has little in its favor besides position (it's not favored over two random blind hands), and if you're going to play position, might as well come in for a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just my take on NL, but I don't care too much about multiway action in NL on "multiway" hands so long as stacks are fairly deep. Also, sometimes I will limp with JT, and sometimes I raise it. Pretty much like any other hand I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'll go out on a limb and say limping JT without position and other callers is a leak.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:38 PM

PUSH! You have plenty of outs as long as he doesnt have nut flush.