Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker

I agree 100% with this assessment.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never had any luck at absolute. I play 1/2 and 1/2 6max and it is a total rock garden. You can eek out 10bux an hour because the software is so slow. I don't recommend this site when you have other better places (party)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you can clear it even faster than this because their rake structure is so bad. At 2-4 the rake starts at $5(yes, I know they are not the only site doing this) so 1 caller, the SB folds and the pot is raked. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] No wonder so many of the games are so damn bad.

IMO, this site is equal to Cryptos. I'll play it to clear some bonus when there is none available at a better site but that's ALL it's good for.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yet ANOTHER low post new reg poster complaining about AP cashout problems, this one going so far as to bring up hearsay "First of all, I have read three occurences".

Funny, it's the new poster with low counts posting about AP cashout problems and the people with larger post counts posting in other threads trying to raise the signal to noise ratio don't have problems. One MORE time: during the "problem" time (and just before and just after) I cashed out (along with more than a couple 2+2ers) in normal time frames.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to say? I've read three occurences where people didn't get there cash out. I prefaced and delivered properly. I didn't say anything like "Absolute Poker is not giving people cashout" I said I read people who claimed that from a first hand expierence.

What does my post count have to do with it? I played there for 7 months and I didn't have a problem. I said that.

If you were thinking about playing at a site, wouldn't you want this info? If you think my post count it too low, fine go play there.

In short, I didn't make any ridiculous claims. I properly noted that the information wasn't from first hand expierence.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What does my post count have to do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because 90% of the posts starting with site XYZ is screwing me come from new posters who "always" seem to be in direct oppostition to the rest of 2+2's collective experiance.

[ QUOTE ]

If you were thinking about playing at a site, wouldn't you want this info? If you think my post count it too low, fine go play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd want to read it from the original poster (link) or read actual experiances. If you'd bother to read the various AP threads (including this one) you'd know I DO play there without problems (other than suckouts, but that can't be helped).

[ QUOTE ]

In short, I didn't make any ridiculous claims. I properly noted that the information wasn't from first hand expierence.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you just repeated (without links) claims from THREE people that are contradited by 20 or people in the same threads. Mosiquito had a problem, called AP and it was fixed ASAP. It smells fishy when ever there is a rash of new people popping in with sob stories, followed shortly by yet more newbies with very similar poor me stories. Yet, there are multiple instances of business as usuall for eveyone here (who collectively play, deposit, and cash out insane amounts). I've cashed out 2 more times this week, with, yet again ZERO problems. I whore the daylights out of AP clearing $30-50 a session. Almost makes up for learning to play limit.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I did have problems cashing out during the "problem period". But I got my cash after calling them.

Until then, it's funny watching all these posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, you had a problem, called and it was fixed. It seems fishy the people have problems and can't ever get customer service to respond/fix the problems. Leads me to believe the problems stem more from questionable activities. Considering AP's treatment of bonus whores, I can't imagine what you'd have to do other something like collusion/chip dumping to get their attention.

Yes, if they ever speedup the software and give some options to unclutter the screen AP will be a gold mine.

I'll setttle for the silver mine right now and build a BR.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:18 PM

I am confused. Did you just say the new tags made the party 1/2 6max no good? Trust me there is alot of fishes left.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd want to read it from the original poster (link) or read actual experiances. If you'd bother to read the various AP threads (including this one) you'd know I DO play there without problems (other than suckouts, but that can't be helped).

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this attitude to be amongst a minority of internet poker players. I believe the vast majority of people would want to know if a site was having reported problems. However, if you do have this attitude, then you can just ignore any reports that are backed up by links or first time posters, while those who care to hear these things can read on a take the information. As a result, you are not nuisanced, and those who want the info get it.

[ QUOTE ]

No, you just repeated (without links) claims from THREE people that are contradited by 20 or people in the same threads. Mosiquito had a problem, called AP and it was fixed ASAP. It smells fishy when ever there is a rash of new people popping in with sob stories, followed shortly by yet more newbies with very similar poor me stories. Yet, there are multiple instances of business as usuall for eveyone here (who collectively play, deposit, and cash out insane amounts). I've cashed out 2 more times this week, with, yet again ZERO problems. I whore the daylights out of AP clearing $30-50 a session. Almost makes up for learning to play limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, you've made a lot of money playing poerk clearing 30 dollars a session. Thats honestly a solid amount, and something I wish I could do. However, it has aboslutely nothing to do with the topic.

Let's suppose what you say is true, it almost definitely is, you have to reason lie. Supposing that, wouldn't it be possible that other people still have problems? Me saying three people have had problems is not a blanket statement, nor is you saying twenty plus 2+2ers have had no problems. Both can be true! Thus, some may not want to risk being one of the problems. If you're willing to take that risk and you don't believe me because I didn't provide links thats your right, and you can go ahead and play. Furthermore, if you'd like to say, "this doesn't seem widespread, a lot of guys, including myself, are cashing out without any problems" would be a lot more reasonable than calling me a liar.

I didn't do anything wrong. Perhaps, I did a slight service. The bottom line is you feel loyal to AP and believe my statements are impossible so you call me a newbie and a liar spreading heresay to damage the plausibility of the claims. The only one being irrational commiting any wrong doings is you.