Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Paradise 25$ NL hand

The funny thing about this hand is we both went all in on the flop, and I caught my flush on the turn, and he caught the 4th Jack on the river. But I thought it was worth discussing.

I think the main lesson here is playing draws out of position sucks. The best you can hope for is that someone underbets the pot and gives you a cheap draw, worst case, you push and lose a good bit of your EV.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The funny thing about this hand is we both went all in on the flop, and I caught my flush on the turn, and he caught the 4th Jack on the river. But I thought it was worth discussing.

I think the main lesson here is playing draws out of position sucks. The best you can hope for is that someone underbets the pot and gives you a cheap draw, worst case, you push and lose a good bit of your EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel like there are a TON of hands where I end up like this. I first say to myself, well, there wasn't much I could do. No matter what I do I will hit the flush on the turn and go all-in and then he will hit his J and I will lose. Damn, quads over flush. That sucks. And then I'll be like, maybe I shouldn't play this preflop and this is a message. A tighter player would have avoided this situation.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:43 PM

[quoteI feel like there are a TON of hands where I end up like this. I first say to myself, well, there wasn't much I could do. No matter what I do I will hit the flush on the turn and go all-in and then he will hit his J and I will lose. Damn, quads over flush. That sucks. And then I'll be like, maybe I shouldn't play this preflop and this is a message. A tighter player would have avoided this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think the important thing to do is you hands to really learn about situations. Thats why I try to avoid posting results of the hand until after people discuss it.

There are many times that you flop a great draw and question how to play it, hopefully now I will be better equipped. Im not going to get caught up in how I could have avoided the situation preflop. B/c if someone offered me the same scenario on the flop, its +EV so Im happy to get it.