Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: 6 tabling and 8 tabling monitors?

I have VERY sensitive eyes (to light, water, smoke, EVERYTHING) but I can handle the CRT okay now that I put one of those tinted screen-filters in front of it.

It's a 3M product (although there are others and I don't know or care which is supposed to be best) and you can get it at Office-Max or Comp USA for $20-$30 I think.

With the fliter, adjusting the brightness and with adequate ambient light around it I actually have less strain look at my CRT monitor than I do my laptop LCD screen.
Might be unique to my eyes though.

I have a viewsonic (P95f+) that can go up to 2400x1500 or whatever. But my video-card in my laptop will only let it go to 2100x1200 so I still get overlap with anything more than 4 tables and they are REALLY small...especially with all the gametime+ numbers up there.

So I gave up on super-small tables and still do the 2 screens at 1600x1200 and 1400x1050 because it just seems to work better for me.
Might experiment more with the smaller tables on the Viewsonic though.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Is my Graphics card good enough?

I'm gonna get the Viewsonic that Festus told me about. BUT, how do I know if my graphics card is good enough for 6 tables at a time on one screen?

My card is this: 256MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 XT Graphics Card

Is there a way to check?

Thanks
blubster