Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 10:11 AM

Default Re: 15/30 interesting hand

[ QUOTE ]
What's with the Preflop raise? Doesn't this hand play much easier if you just check your BB option. That would set up a powerful turn C/R that may be your only chance to take this down. I sort of like the river bet since you aren't going to win a showdown, But this hand just looks like you spewed chips at all the wrong times, realistically what are you representing with a PF Raise, Flop bet, Turn Check Call, River Bet? From the other side of the table, A Missed AK/AQ or a small pocket pair. No one with a piece of the board is going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

u kidding! btf raise is the best move in this hand! how can u not like it?
Old 10-07-2004, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm getting too tight lately, I've been folding AJs UTG and UTG +1, So though I can see calling a raise with it from the BB, I'm not so sure about raising it up from there. From my experience, when you hit the flop hard with this hand, you are less likely to get action after a preflop raise, and when you miss the flop you have no choice but to keep up the agression having no idea what's behind you. You end up playing AJs like it's AA, and of course after a turn check, you just end up sort of flailing around in the dark.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, are you for real? are you talking about the online games? what limit?

also, i disagree that you are playing too tight. i think you are playing too weak.

Kenny
Old 10-07-2004, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I'm officially lost. So you're going to raise PF from the BB, indicating you have a top flight hand, and then check/call the flop if you miss, letting go of a good opportunity to take the pot down right there. Since you're going to miss the Flop alot, why did you raise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

no disrespect, you have some basic concepts wrong, risen.

Kenny
Old 10-07-2004, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's with the Preflop raise? Doesn't this hand play much easier if you just check your BB option.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great hand to have in the BB and is indeed worthy of a raise.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
folding AJs that early is definitely giving up money. i don't fold AJo utg but i wouldn't really criticize somebody for doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoking crack again eh?
Old 10-07-2004, 11:25 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i'd love to hear you elaborate on this one, lawrence. which of my statements indicated crack smoking?
Old 10-07-2004, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's absurd. Astro, what do you make with AJs UTG (8-10 handed) in 15/30 and higher games?

about $18.50/hd

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:43 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

choppy's point is worth respecting; even with 100s of thousands of hands, you're still only talking about tens of thousands of deals of a given hand in a given position. out of 10,000 hands you'll get any two specific suited like 35 times for example. i think 100+ iterations of a given hand in a given position is pretty good info though.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:45 AM

I'm glad you won the pot but I doubt your opponent had much of a hand. Consider what he should be thinking: If he bet anything but a draw on the flop, why check the turn? Clearly the 4 did not beat him.
Unless you make a habit of betting the flop and check-raising the turn w/ top pair/overpair, you can safely conclude that your opponent was on a draw, on he was an idiot.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you won the pot but I doubt your opponent had much of a hand. Consider what he should be thinking: If he bet anything but a draw on the flop, why check the turn? Clearly the 4 did not beat him.
Unless you make a habit of betting the flop and check-raising the turn w/ top pair/overpair, you can safely conclude that your opponent was on a draw, on he was an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I assume he had a J, and maybe there was a small chance he had 77 and folded.