Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Check-up Flopping the Nuts and not even considering FPS lines

I have yet to read anything that you write that implies you have any interest in the opinions of others. And when you get unsolicited opinions the tone of your posts suggests people are stupid for making other suggestions.

If you really like being challenged and it's just in your nature to respond argumentatively and dismissively, change your attitude. Please.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:06 AM

Thank you chief, I was ignoring the big blind and that's a good point. I guess I gotta stop ignoring him since I ignored him both preflop and on the flop. As far as prefering to cr, my thoughts at the time were that he isn't terribly likely to raise just an ace here, but he will certainly bet it and then call down. Looked like an extra half bet to cr at least. It is certainly also an extra half bet if that BB will call one on the flop too though.

Edit: Errant, you're adding least of all and just cluttering and causing pages and pages to appear, seriously, let it go.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:08 AM

He doesn't need to fold a majority of the time to make a flop bet correct. Do you see why? I'll let others elaborate.

And why are you so terrified of the turn!??! There you are again... I don't want to make a play on the flop because I'm afraid of the turn... good lord, do you think these are signs you should learn how to play the turn? it tends to show up right after the flop. Every hand.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you chief, I was ignoring the big blind and that's a good point. I guess I gotta stop ignoring him since I ignored him both preflop and on the flop. As far as prefering to cr, my thoughts at the time were that he isn't terribly likely to raise just an ace here, but he will certainly bet it and then call down. Looked like an extra half bet to cr at least. It is certainly also an extra half bet if that BB will call one on the flop too though.

Edit: Errant, you're adding least of all and just cluttering and causing pages and pages to appear, seriously, let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's taken you about 6 posts to provide all the information we needed to make informed responses to your original post. Try including all the pertinent information next time.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't need to fold a majority of the time to make a flop bet correct. Do you see why? I'll let others elaborate.

And why are you so terrified of the turn!??! There you are again... I don't want to make a play on the flop because I'm afraid of the turn... good lord, do you think these are signs you should learn how to play the turn? it tends to show up right after the flop. Every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another completely wasted post which doesn't even make sense.
1. I never implied he has to fold a majority of the time.
2. That is in reference to the 77 hand, which is seperate. I'm commenting that the situation is probably break even and therefore since the turn is difficult to play one way I needn't select that option.

You're nitpicking my every post on here is a complete waste of everyones time. I'm tired of even defending myself since your attacks are so baseless.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's taken you about 6 posts to provide all the information we needed to make informed responses to your original post. Try including all the pertinent information next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoi est ta probleme?
Old 03-30-2005, 09:28 AM

Has it ever occurred to you that besides what issues I have with your tone and quality of your posts that I'm actually simply attempting to discuss poker strategy?

Because you seem to take my tone of "here's my answer" as "here's ErrantNight being a dick on purpose to me"

I happen to be pretty good at poker. The fact that you don't like me doesn't change that. I think most of these questions you're asking about are pretty simple. I'm offering my argument.

1. You should lead this flop because you frequently have the best hand and it's a scary board if your opponent hasn't hit and will fold hands that have outs against you. This is easier if you raise preflop.

2. I know precisely which hand it is. Which is why I made my comments directly in response to it. It's not a break even flop proposition, particularly against an unknown. You need a specific read to make it so. I believe you're creating, intentionally or unintentionally, disparity between the actual ev of flop situations and your perceived ev of flop situations because you frequently find the turn difficult to play. IMO this is a huge leak.

Why is it a huge leak? Because if this is indicative of your thinking, it impacts a large portion of hands. Not just when you have a medium pocket pair on the button, or in the big blind, or wherever else.

But my suggesting this IS NOT AN ATTACK ON YOU. If I'm wrong, fine. I'm not judging you. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad about yourself, or to piss you off. I'm saying this because it can be gleaned from your posts.

I'm quite likely incorrect. You think this is break even because apparantly you believe this opponent will play any A, so you'd prefer not to bet because it creates a sticky turn situation if he calls. I think the likelihood of him playing any A makes it an easier bet. It gives you a chance to take it down, and makes it easier to determine a turn course of action if he calls. You don't have to change your mind, this is merely my opinion.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the flop check at all. It's pretty contradictory to your title and really serves no purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? It completely baffles you? It serves no purpose? Sorry but all I think of when I read your reply is Huh? Huh? Huh? Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps a haiku will help:

If you flop the nuts
And it's checked around to you
You should bet it out

As CDC Says
"Betting is underrated"
Too bad he's a fish
Old 03-30-2005, 09:34 AM

It wasn't checked around to me, I was the sb. I wish you guys would at least look at the hands. Sorry sthief, I really like your posts and value your input but not when you don't even read the hand. Not that the forum cares, but I sent Errant a PM and am sparing you all the agony of reading any future conversations between he and I by ignoring his posts, as I find them to be worthless to me anyway.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't checked around to me, I was the sb. I wish you guys would at least look at the hands. Sorry sthief, I really like your posts and value your input but not when you don't even read the hand. Not that the forum cares, but I sent Errant a PM and am sparing you all the agony of reading any future conversations between he and I by ignoring his posts, as I find them to be worthless to me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

some sacrifices in accuracy must be made when writing a haiku. I read the post and responded already. I tried to break the tension by providing some humorous haikus. apparently you don't like humor.

Signing off,

Bob "Coach" Ciaffone